Accepted EA -- Changing Intended Major?

<p>When I applied EA to U Miami, I indicated that I intend to major in neuroscience. Since that time, however, I've had a change of heart and intend to go with what I know I love -- computers and thus the computer science major. Do I need to contact admissions and let them know about this (as my letter and everything re my acceptance mentions my neuroscience major), or do I just wait until I'm enrolled and scheduling for classes?</p>

<p>If I do need to let them know, will it affect my decision? i.e., are we accepted based on our program or just accepted to the university as a whole regardless of our major?</p>

<p>Seekinguni, I would call Christine Busto . She took care of changing my daughter from undeclared. It didn’t seem to be a big deal. The only thing I would worry about is your chance for the Singer. It seems this year the scholarships and Singer invites are being awarded in a less defined way ( to us ) and intended major may have something to do with it. Not that they would rescind your invite, but It may lower your chance of winning it. Or you could just wait until after the Singer results. I probably should have said at the onset of my post that changing majors is a common occurrence and not at all looked down upon.</p>

<p>Hm, interesting point about the effect on my Stamps/Singer chances. I guess the best option is to just wait until after everything is all said and done, I pay my enrollment deposit (provided I ultimately end up going there, which the chances are currently pretty high) and am ready to roll. Surely there are several others who change their major between enrolling and actually starting, or even after they start. </p>

<p>Both majors are within the college of arts and sciences, so it really shouldn’t be an issue at all, I presume.</p>

<p>SeekingUni,</p>

<p>I would wait - my son (last year) changed his major over the summer, as an incoming freshman. It was the easiest thing ever. It probably doesn’t matter at all, but I would think that everyone is so busy there right now with admissions.</p>