Accepted Fall 2012

<p>Hi Everyone…well my dd is so excited! Today all three letters came at the same time. First she opened the letter w/ the CWID info and she was a bit disappointed…she already had that info. Then she opened the acceptance letter and her eyes got big. We had always told her that acceptances came in big envelopes and rejections in small…lol ooops!</p>

<p>The certificate was a really nice touch. Being in Chicago, we were getting a little nervous reading about everyone else who had been accepted and we had sent everything on the first day. Whew! It does take some of the pressure off her senior year.</p>

<p>Who else from Chicago area (we are in SW suburbs) is going to UA next Fall?</p>

<p>One of the Alumni that I have been emailing my crazy questions and concerns to told me that I needed to get used to putting RTR on my correspondence…so here it goes for the first time-
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Congrats to your D!</p>

<p>Yes…Bama’s acceptances come in small envelopes and the certs come in big ones.</p>

<p>*Whew! It does take some of the pressure off her senior year.
*</p>

<p>Yes…while everyone is stressing about essays and apps…and stressing about acceptances, etc, it’s nice to have one in the bag! :)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Of course now we are stressing on Honors College application. D is working on the essay as I write this. </p>

<p>We are planning another trip down to get more info on the different honors programs. D definitely wants to do IHC as she wants to either minor or second major in Spanish. Not sure about the others…She wants to get into the Athletic Training program and we need to talk to the head of the program to find out what works and what doesn’t as it is a very time intensive program starting in Soph year. She is very intrigued by the Emerging Scholar program…she likes that it is one year, but it is research based. She would love to do something with this program, but since you don’t apply for it, she will just have to keep her fingers crossed that she will get invited.</p>

<p>*Of course now we are stressing on Honors College application. D is working on the essay as I write this. </p>

<p>*</p>

<p>Which essay? The one for UHP or IHP? Neither requires much of an essay. The essay is just a paragraph about yourself. Don’t sweat it. The essay does not make/break one’s acceptance. Your D shouldn’t spend more than 5 minutes on these. </p>

<p>The essays for UFE or CBH are the important ones.</p>

<p>Congratulations to your daughter!</p>

<p>This would be a good thread for all 2012 students/parents to post acceptances in one place. I don’t know if there is already a thread for that.</p>

<p>Perhaps you could tell us both about the acceptance and where you are from in this same thread. Then maybe someone will add this list to the previous locations thread for a master list. (Who would be nice/skilled enough to do that?)</p>

<p>We’re not from the Chicago area but my D was thrilled as well to receive her acceptance. Now on to the Blount Initiative application for her. If she is interviewed and accepted for Blount then I believe she’s done. She’ll still be trying out for the Crimson Cabaret (with auditions in April) but regardless of that outcome, acceptance to Blount means that she wil be Bama bound next fall.
She told me it was an huge burden off her shoulders to already be admitted to at least one school that she would be happy to attend.<br>
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>^^^How wonderful, Conrgatulations!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Nicely done! Ro-o-o-o-o-ll Tide. </p>

<p>Feels good, doesn’t it? Congrats and welcome!</p>

<p>Illinois pride!</p>

<p>Son Michael (my baby) just applied online tonight. He qualifies for the Presidential OOS (we are from California) Full tuition Scholarship – and if he goes to UA, intends to major in Business MIS. </p>

<p>Hubby and Micheal drove to Alabama with daughter Kari who currently attend UA on the same scholarship (she is now a Soph, but has Junior standing). I arranged ahead of time for Michael to take Honors tour of campus. He is not sure he wants to attend, but is much more open to attending after taking the tour and finding out more about the Business program.</p>

<p>Congrats to all who’ve been accepted!! Hopefully you’ll choose to attend UA. If not, well then good luck wherever you decide to go. Unless it’s auburn and then I wish you misery, pestilence, and pain :-)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Yay another Business MIS major!</p>

<p>momoffour…Glad to hear that your son did like his visit to Bama. :)</p>

<p>TX…Good luck with your D with Crimson Cabaret! Those girls are amazing…hope your D makes it!!!</p>

<p>I’m confident that your D will make Blount. Is she applying to the Honors College as well?</p>

<p>Thanks everyone for the well wishes! Question: Once you send in the application for the Honors College, how long until you get an official acceptance? I know that acceptance is automatic to HC, but what about IHC, and the others? </p>

<p>Hope there are more Chicagoland students showing up here…</p>

<p>RTR</p>

<p>Acceptance to IHC is also automatic. I think it takes awhile for them to process them, though.</p>

<p>Acceptance into UFE and/or CBH is a 2 step process.</p>

<p>In january, the finalists are announced. Then in feb, the finalists come for Interview Weekend…then the chosen are told in late March or April.</p>

<p>My D was recently accepted also. We are from St. Louis, MO. She will be attending on the OOS Presidential Scholarship and also applying to the Honors College with hopes of getting the UFE. She is planning on pre-law with a spanish minor. My grandfather graduated from Bama in 1934 so it is good to have a family member finally making the return.<br>
Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Graduated in 1934, wow!! Congrats on the acceptance and welcome back to UA. I’m sure her great grandfather would be pleased with her decision.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Please also post on…</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1096387-what-state-everybody-roll-call.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1096387-what-state-everybody-roll-call.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>To answer the question on how long to hear from Honors College after applying to UHP – 2-3 weeks is what I was told;</p>

<p>On another note, my daughter attended an invitational information event in Montgomery on the Honors College last night – Dean Sharpe was the speaker and took time afterwards to talk in length to my D on how the Honors College would work with her majoring in MIS. </p>

<p>He also explained other things like how they tailgate in front of Nott Hall prior to football games then walk over in mass and have block seating – my D thought this was “way cool”.</p>

<p>He also explained other things like how they tailgate in front of Nott Hall prior to football games then walk over in mass and have block seating – my D thought this was “way cool”.</p>

<p>OK that sounds kinda cool! That would be right up my D’s alley. She wants to try to get into a sorority,but being OOS I am afraid that it might be difficult, so it’s good to hear about what the HC does together w/ the students to foster a sense of community. Sounds like a great way for them all to get together and have fun.</p>