Accepted for Class of 2010

<p>Hey welcome to the little family we got going on here. I'm Andrew and I'm a EDer myself. I was forced to get a laptop for HS (Dell Latitude D610) so I plan on bringing mine with me.</p>

<p>Hey everyone!</p>

<p>I got my acceptance back in February. Does Geneseo have rolling admissions? Wow, I didn't think people still had to find out.</p>

<p>I wish I had visited. Unfortunately, Geneseo and my other SUNYs were my safety schools. Sadly, I didn't get into my #1 choice school (Harvard), but I did get into 5 of the country's best colleges (Princeton, Dartmouth, and Cornell being at the top of my list, and Williams and Amherst following). I checked out NYU and I really enjoyed it, but their financial aid stinks.</p>

<p>How does everyone's financial aid offers from Geneseo look like? Good? Binghamton and Stony Brook haven't really offered anything appealing. I haven't heard from Geneseo yet. Princeton is giving my family almost the entire cost in grants (no loans). That offer is too irresistible!!</p>

<p>Anyways, congrats to all of you on being accepted! :) Good luck!</p>

<p>P.S. And yes, the Geneseo acceptance packet was pretty darn awesome ;)</p>

<p>Wow... congrats</p>

<p>Thanks a lot! I'm stoked, to say the least!! :)</p>

<p>Aha, someone is speaking about laptops! Now, this is my kind of conversation.
Last year, my birthday present was my brother's old laptop (the one from 1998, where it's about the size of your average pc and has the memory of an 80-year-old woman with a severe case of forgetfulness...). Anyways, my present also was the promise of a good laptop when I find out what college I'm going to. Now, I know, and I looked into their laptop plans...</p>

<p>Anyone have an opinion on the classic Apple vs. Dell debate? I'm trying to decide on which one (seeing as the price differs on about...16 dollars), and I can't seem to make up my mind. </p>

<p>So, help, anyone? Please?</p>

<p>I realize this is bordering on being off-topic, but I want to be sure the poster above realizes that new laptop offerings will be available ~May 1, and you should wait until that time to purchase. </p>

<p>FYI . . . I asked for feedback on laptops on a separate thread.</p>

<p>Yes, the poster above did know about the new models coming on May 1st. ;) But I plan on getting a laptop for my birthday (May 25th, for anyone who would like to send me a little something! Hahaha), and my parents need to do as much research as possible on anything they spend money on, so it's good to know about a month or two in advance what I want, so they can do the research and get me my lovely computer on time.</p>

<p>Woo, run-on sentance!</p>

<p>Anyways, I read that post about the wireless notebook program, and it became more about the safety of a computer on campus, and not so much about the computers themselves. I would like to know about the two computers and the advantages of either one. If that's alright.</p>

<p>Well early happy birthday ;) Anyway it really depends on your style for PC vs Apple. I'd suggest you go to your local electronics store and try out an apple and see how you like it... they really do operate quite differently than your standard PC. Like I said on the other thread I own a dell and I've been pretty happy with this laptop, plus dell's warranty programs are amazing (I broke like 2 laptops before this one and they gave me the next model available) I've been real careful with this one though since my warranty is over.</p>

<p>yeah everyone is so hepped up on apple being superior to windows systems because not many viruses are designed to infect apple systems yet, but if you're careful and stock up on norton av and a reputable anti-spyware program, no free downloads, and stay on reputable websites, i've never had a big problem with windows systems. and i think that in the realm of pc's, mainstream is the best way to go when entering an environment like a university where you're going to have to hook up to a network with others.</p>

<p>oh and --- where is everyone on the subject of orientation?! i just got my letter back -- session 1, baby!! :) (june 26 & 27) at geneseo (the day after my graduation!) yayy. anyone else get into the first one?</p>

<p>session 1 here</p>

<p>session 3-oh yeah! Middle of the summer!
I figure that graduation stuff will be going on the day after...I dunno.
Did anyone else get a shirt that's about...four sizes too big on them? Hehehe...</p>

<p>Yeah that shirt is huge. Anyway, all the cool kids are coming to session 1 with walkmans (walkmen?) on their heads</p>

<p>Yeah I got that shirt too...it was so not a medium!!! has anybody else got like 3 t-shirts from them??? I Can't Wait for August 25!!! oh and i'm from rochester like a lot of people in this thread...so hi!!!</p>

<p>so, what are you saying? I should somehow change my date for orientation? And miss out on all those graduation parties? What about all those presents?
And please, the walkmans (I'm guessing because it's a type of portable tape player...it should be mans...right?) have to be strapped to one persons chest, and another person's head. Otherwise, you'll get a lot of static! ;)</p>

<p>Also, Emmy, HI!!!!!
Just wanted to do that! Sorry, yeah, I can't wait for August 25th either! And I hope the whole lot of you Rochester people don't band together and form an anti-Albany club...because that would be fairly sad, actually.... :P</p>

<p>Ohh I get it now. I guess ill save you a cupcake from session 1 too. Ugh I think im working at a camp and it ends Aug 25 hmm i wonder what I'm doing about that.</p>

<p>Im formed the Queens Coalition and we shall usurp the Albany club!</p>

<p>Welcome Emmy, hope to see you soon! :D</p>

<p>i havent gotten any information about any orientation sessions.......eek!</p>

<p>and yeah....the shirt was huge.....</p>

<p>Hey, speaking of people who didn't get certain papers...and therefore start believing that Geneseo made a HUGE mistake by accepting you, and now..they're trying to reverse that decision...
Did anyone get housing forms or anything? Because I'm already shopping for my dorm...without really having one...
:)</p>

<p>housing stuff comes this month some time I believe</p>

<p>thanks leora.....thanks....=)</p>

<p>do you guys have any idea what dorms are good to live in for freshman year?</p>