Accepted into gateway program, small question

Hello! I have been accepted into the gateway program at Texas A&M University Class of 2023 and I want to know if I would still be sent an acceptance letter with a congrats banner like other people who got accepted. Thank you!

@curiousfutureag yes, you get all that stuff.

@curiousfutureag : WHOOP! CONGRATULATIONS on receiving Gateway!! That is a fabulous honor! Of all of the 40,000 to 50,000+ applications, only about 500 or so students are offered Gateway! Be VERY PROUD of your accomplishment. :slight_smile:

YES, YOU WILL GET THE “I am going to be an AGGIE” BANNER!!! Take LOTS of photos of you with your Aggie banner and post on your social media! Share the photos with your family so they can post them too! :slight_smile:

Prepare for your classes during the Summer session, attend ALL classes, introduce yourself to the profs, participate in class, do all of the homework and study hard for the tests and if there is an opportunity for extra points, ALWAYS DO THE WORK FOR EXTRA POINTS!! :slight_smile: Make sure that you are solid with your grades so that you will be a full Aggie for Fall 2019.

And do make time to make friends, a lot of the Gateway students may end up being your besties! But just don’t put your social life ahead of your academic life. It is possible to have a great time in both areas, it is just learning to manage your time wisely. And mom and dad won’t be around to help you wake up and get to class on time, you are going to be responsible for managing all of your time. Living in a dorm with a roommate will probably be a new experience, but remember that you do need to sleep!

But also don’t forget to CALL YOUR MOM/DAD/GRANDPARENTS/SIBLINGS etc. They are going to want to hear all about how you are doing. :slight_smile:

And come back to CC and tell us all about your experience! It will help someone who will be in your shoes during future admissions cycles. :slight_smile: