Accepted Spring 2014 Transfers

<p>Hey all. Just thought i'd start a thread for people who've been accepted, and those who are applying and maybe looking for some information, for the Spring 2014 semester.</p>

<p>-Which major did you apply for?<br>
-Stats (if you wish to give out)
-When were all of your documents received/ processed?
-When did you get accepted?
-Which NSC are you attending?
-Where will you be living (if not in College Station already)
-Other various things...</p>

<p>-I applied for Telecommunication Media Studies on September 5th, everything was processed September 9th, and I received my acceptance September 24th. </p>

<p>-I'm attending the second NSC, January 9-10 I believe? </p>

<p>-Also, when I signed up for the NSC, there was 101 spots left in the first session, and 102 left in the other. I'm not sure if that's just for the Liberal Arts college though.. </p>

<p>-I had a 3.4 with 28 transferable hours, I have NO idea where I will be living, so any ideas would be great! </p>

<p>-Do we need to rent a hotel room or something for the NSC? </p>

<p>Feel free to share whatever info you'd like, ask any questions to me, or others, about admissions. Believe it or not I've read so many things about admissions I have a general idea about many of the departments.</p>

<p>Hey itscole! I am a freshman but will be joining in spring. So all of those questions don’t apply to me ? But I will also be attending the NSC on the 9-10 January. And i think you can actually apply for housing for the NSC on reslife.tamu.edu.</p>

<p>Hey itscole, I just got my letter of acceptance today!!</p>

<p>I’m a transfer student and will also be joining in spring 2014. I submitted my application about a month ago, I actually wasn’t expecting to hear back so soon.</p>

<p>I am a computer science major in the Dwight College of Engineering.</p>

<p>I had a 3.66 GPA and more than 40 hours of credits (allot I know)</p>

<p>I graduated high school with a GED, but again that doesn’t really matter at this point. The GPA is what they look at.</p>

<p>To any applicants who happen to be reading this post, here is my advice:</p>

<p>I would highlight this if I could:
TALK TO THE ADVISERS AT COLLEGE STATION.</p>

<p>I know they have multiple branches of prospective student centers throughout Texas. What I found though was that some of them may not be aware of the most recent changes like the admissions counselors actually AT college station will.</p>

<p>Talk to the adviser in your department:</p>

<p>I don’t know if EVERY major is like this, but for computer science and computer engineering it is.
There is ONE specific adviser in the computer science department for undergraduate computer science majors and ONE specific adviser in the computer science department for undergraduate computer engineering majors.</p>

<p>If it’s the same for all departments then every major will have its own adviser who specializes in advising students in that particular field. But, like I said, I don’t know that</p>

<p>Make contact with this adviser. I emailed mine at first, but you can setup meetings in advance. Present yourself well, and let them know that you are serious. Bring a copy of your transcript.</p>

<p>I don’t know how it works for incoming freshmen, but for transfer students, it really helps to actually meet with the adviser because the department chooses transfer students on a case by case basis.</p>

<p>One last piece of advice, work ALLOT on the essay. Of course, I don’t know how much it helped me, but I spent weeks on my essay, it was a massive introspective project. You should really get to know yourself better on a therapeutic level by the time you’re done with that essay. If it was easy to write, then you probably didn’t do it right.</p>

<p>I don’t mean to sound like I have all the answers, it just took me a while to figure some of these things out.</p>

<p>Best of luck… can’t wait till spring :D</p>

<p>YES! Please please talk to the advisers at COLLEGE STATION. I’ve talked to so many in my area (Dallas) and have gotten COMPLETELY different answers than the ones in college station. The ones in College Station can literally walk up to the professors, admissions, any department and ask a question to their face. It’s great.</p>

<p>And congrats!</p>

<p>Major: Psychology, BS
stats: 3.90 with 30 hours, will be 46 at the end of this semester, my essay was not good; I was half giving up on it when I submitted it, and I only revised once.
My documents were completed by 9/23. (took a week to process my transcript. ugh!)
I was accepted just this morning. I was in class; it was miracle that I didn’t shout.
I still have no idea when I’m going to attend NSC, I’m still waiting on UT’s decision. (although I’m 99% sure that I’ll be attending A&M and UT won’t accept me. I just applied because all my friends go to UT… silly reason to apply, actually.)
And I also have no idea where I’m going to live. dorms are my primary option anyway.</p>

<p>I figured out acceptances are so random that while getting information form others is fine, I really should not rely too much on that information; I honestly thought I was rejected.</p>

<p>and it’s still surreal that I’m accepted. I think I won’t fully believe that I am accepted until I get physical evidence of it (a letter!) LOL.</p>

<p>Will somebody chance me?
I just sent in my application the 5th of OCT… I applied to College of LA and my 1st choice is PSYCh and 2nd choice is SOCI, i have a 3.7 GPA with 26 credits so far, I am stressing out bc on the psych site is says that MATH 1325 is required, I am not sure what math that is but all i have taken is College algebra and right now i am in Statistics… what do yall think? ahh</p>

<p>btw congrats to yall for being accepted!!</p>

<p>Math 1325 is normally labeled Business Calculus, or Elements of Calculus. College Algebra and Statistics will not count for that credit. College Algebra is Math 102, Stats is STAT 201, and Business Math is Math 142. </p>

<p>It says on the Psychology department that the math course is required… and maybe math 141 (Finite math) could be used as a replacement… so I think you’re out of luck. you probably should have looked at that before. Also, the reason they require these math courses is because you will have to take both once you’re at A&M.</p>

<p>If you can switch your major on AIS, do so now. I see your second choice was Sociology. Sociology, telecommunications, communications, history, english and maybe a few others only base your admission on GPA and atleast 24 transferable hours. feel free to pm me with some questions</p>

<p>Thanks so much for replying! So you think I should switch my first major?.. I am only hesitant because I talked about it in my essay a little, but I am not aspiring to be psychologist or anything. Is the second major thing a guarantee that they will look at it if you don’t get into your first choice?</p>

<p>On AIS, my file is at step 3 so i can not change my major it says… great. :(</p>

<p>Finite Math is one of the math courses accepted. I took it this summer. In a class of twelve, 10 of the students from from TAMU & they were taking it as a group for the summer in order to NOT take it at College Station. I passed unfortunately I got a B.</p>

<p>Your essay should be about why you want to get a degree in Psychology, why you want to get it at Texas A&M and what you want to do with that degree in the future. You should not write about "Texas A&M has great traditions thats why I want to go there blah blah the football games blah " stuff like that… Once you’re on step 3 I believe you can’t change your major. But, if you get denied to Psych, your second choice major will start to consider you. It will just probably take longer to hear back… and Finite math is an incredibly easy class… if you’ve ever taken algebra one you could get an A…</p>

<p>Are you all going to bring anyone to your NSC?</p>

<p>itscole yes i agree with you and I did just that. I stressed over the essay which resulted in me applying late. Now i am just worrying if they already filled up or if that is even the case that they stop accepting after a certain amount?
But that is good to know about finite math! thanks</p>

<p>As of a few days ago there was around 80-90 spots left in each conference. But I’m not sure if that’s the limit. As of September 24th there was 100 so it’s weird.</p>

<p>And aggiegal I’m not sure. If i do it will be my parents or my grandparents and we will just pay the amount up front instead of reserving spots…</p>

<p>Ah, so stressful. How do you know this? or how can I keep track?</p>

<p>When you register for the NSC it tells you how many spots are left. I registered on September 24th and there was around 100 spots. I changed my NSC date a few days ago and there was 70-90. There’s only two NSC dates.</p>