Accepted to vt!

<p>I got accepted to my first college, and it's Virginia Tech! I got my decision yesterday (11/7) through their Fall Visitation program!</p>

<p>Just wanted to share my excitement on this board! Best of luck to those applying Early Decision...I was so nervous when I got my envelope with my admission decision.</p>

<p>And to those who are wondering their chances, they may be able to compare to mine and it might make you feel a little better :)</p>

<p>GPA: 3.6 UW
Rank: 90ish/484 (Ranking is off because of weighted/unweighted GPA confusion)
SAT: 640 M, 630 CR, 580 W (but they don't take writing into account)
ECs: Many, many strong ECs (Student Council, Senior Class Officer, Yearbook Editor, things like that)
Other: Full IB Diploma, Lots of IB/APs, Virginia In-state, Legacy(? Sister goes to VT), First generation student, Asian</p>

<p>Major: Accepted into University Studies, but after talking to admissions staff directly, I am competitive for the General Engineering program as well.</p>

<p>AHH! I'm so excited! I still have to do more applications just to see where else I might get in and Financial Aid elsewhere, but it's SO nice knowing that I got into my top VA choice!</p>

<p>congrats and best of luck</p>

<p>How is that? The Director of Admissions at the Open House yesterday said they were just starting to review early decision candidates. Early decision at Virginia Tech is binding which means you may NOT apply to another college if VT accepts you – and those decisions come December 15. Further, VT notifies first electronically – envelopes follow later. </p>

<p>Are you confusing VT with another school or just making this up?</p>

<p>No, not making it up. I attended Fall Visitation. It’s a two day program that took place at Tech. So I was in Blacksburg all weekend & attended the open house yesterday. After open house, they held a lunch/closing ceremony and at the end of the program they hand out letters regarding our decision. It’s not the entire acceptance packet, but it’s an on-site application review letter which says if we were accepted, rejected, or needed to send more info in. About 100 students from schools in VA and North Carolina attended this weekend’s Visitation, and there was another Visitation back in September.</p>

<p>It’s not binding because the application was filed through regular decision, so I may still apply to other colleges.</p>

<p>Congrats, hope you go here next year!</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>

<p>For those that are not familiar, Fall Visitation takes place at the same time as Open House weekends, however it is a different program.</p>

<p>[Fall</a> Visitation | Undergraduate Admissions | Virginia Tech](<a href=“http://www.admiss.vt.edu/open_house/fallvisitation.php]Fall”>http://www.admiss.vt.edu/open_house/fallvisitation.php)</p>

<p>I was not aware of the Fall Visitation program. The admissions director did mention there were groups attending yesterday, but did not explain what they were. Thank you for the link blueiguana.</p>

<p>Congratulations elaynna!</p>