Accepted

<p>I got in today...just thought some other prospective students might want to see my stats.</p>

<p>APP Completed: September 27th or 28th, Accepted today.</p>

<p>OOS
SAT: 2080
Class Rank:15/392
Applied to Business School</p>

<p>Im pretty excited...I have a few reaches that I might choose over it but I will be extremely happy if I end up as a Badger.</p>

<p>Good luck to the rest of you.</p>

<p>Congrats. Hope you come to UW.</p>

<p>do u guys think business skool is more competitive than letters and sciences? congrats to collegebound50!! i hope i get in too............. i didn't apply yet........ iam basically done with my apps but i think i shud wait till my october SAT scores come in. </p>

<p>collegebound50, did you have alot of ECs? i have so little!!</p>

<p>With his stats he did not need any ecs. Yes business is more competitive than some liberal arts but not the sciences.</p>

<p>Congratulations, CollegeBound50, I hope you choose to attend Wisconsin.</p>

<p>wait, 3 day turn around on acceptances???</p>

<p>When you are in the A pile early, yes. Very quick--why drag it out? Right now you either go right to the admit pile or hold for future action.</p>

<p>yeah I think it was actually more like two days from the time they received my guidance counselor rec, transcript, etc. I checked online for fun and was shocked. Still not have received the materials in the mail, but site says its on the way.</p>

<p>By Oct 1 all of my college stress is gone, I don't have to worry anymore about being rejected everywhere. I hope all of you other applicants get your apps in a.s.a.p. and are as lucky as I was!</p>

<p>How did you apply to the business school? You cannot do that until the spring of your sophomore year.</p>

<p>you found out via e-mail right?</p>

<p>Actually, no, it just says "Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin. We have mailed your official letter of admission and admission materials." on My UW-Madison</p>

<p>How exciting, congrats CollegeBound! My D's GC should finally get his recc in next week, it's the last piece to go in, so it's great to know the Wisconsin turn around is so fast.</p>

<p>Congrats on getting in! I'm currently a sophomore and I hope you decide to come!</p>

<p>However, I'm a little confused on how you applied directly to the business school. I'm pretty sure you apply to Letters and Science and apply to the business school after taking the required classes sophomore year... Am I wrong on this?</p>

<p>ehh I coulda sworn I picked a business major (Finance) but I am probably wrong so sorry about the confusion. I don't know how to check so I will have to wait untill my acceptance packet comes.</p>

<p>Congrats on getting into UW! You applied to the university as a whole, getting into a particular undergrad school can come later; you can take classes not only in your school or major but can change your major at any time. You have been admitted to UW-Madison, a few of the schools have limited spaces and only admit students after satisfactory completion of the first 2 years. </p>

<p>Just checked the current undergrad catalog in print form, you can check it online- for transfers, in heavy print- "Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the School of Business". Freshmen have a whole page dedicated to the courses required for admission as a junior, because of a 1300 student undergraduate capacity they don't guarantee admission- they say decisions are primarily based on UW-Madison course work and a required essay. Getting in depends on the competition when you apply, they won't give a GPA that assures admission.</p>

<p>In other words, it doesn't matter what major you declare for the purpose of getting admitted to UW, declaring a major may generate information of interest to those in a specific major that the rest of the students don't receive. If you need to transfer after 2 years to do a business school major you will have had a great experience and education -it's a great place to be.</p>

<p>True but to have a fair shot, one should have at least a 3.5 in freshman and sophomore classes.</p>

<p>five people from my high school have been accepted....</p>

<p>edit: make it six, my friend was just accepted</p>

<p>scratch that, 7...another was just accepted</p>

<p>andrw, Where do you get that figure from? What is the percentage of students that apply and don't make it ? I heard they accept the same amount that leave the year before. Is this true also? So even if you don't do well in a science class they will deny you entrance into the business school?</p>

<p>Son heard online last Friday he was accepted. We are from New Jersey. His stats are 3.8 GPA, SAT M 740 V 640 W 730. Wiconsin was the only school he applied to that we have not visited. Guess we will be planning a trip soon.</p>