Accepted?!

<p>I got my letter in the mail a couple weeks ago, and I live in Hawaii…but a couple days later, I got the letter for the Deans Scholarship. It’s only 13000, and I’m still waiting to hear about a couple other colleges, so I’m still not sure if I want to go. It’s my back up school, but the money would be nice…not to mention its close to family. If I go, I want to be in the honors college, so I was just wondering how I would get into that? Does anyone know, or has anyone already sent in their forms yet? Thanks!</p>

<p>agrems, do you mind sharing your stats that got you a Dean’s scholly?</p>

<p>sure…</p>

<p>My highest SAT score was 700 in math, 710 in Critical Reading, 720 in Writing…</p>

<p>My ACT (i only took it once) was a 29…not so good…i got a 35 on writing, but my science brought me down.</p>

<p>Right now, I have a 4.1 GPA…my average GPA in high school is a 3.8. </p>

<p>I took one AP class last year, and I am currently in 3 AP’s this year. </p>

<p>I think it was all my extracurriculars that got me the scholarship, because i know a lot of other people get higher scores. I hope that helps…</p>

<p>I’ve been thinking more and more about attending TCU, even though it was only my backup. All the other schools I applied to are on the east coast…anyone have any comments about why Texas is better?</p>

<p>Thanks agrems for posting your stats. Congrats on a nice HS career and good test scores.</p>

<p>Texas is better than the East Coast for my D because it’s home. Anything I say beyond that is from pure bias.</p>

<p>Well, coming from Hawaii, neither is home, but both are radically different. Do you go to TCU, arrdad? Anyone else have any pros to add to my list for TCU that I might not know about?</p>

<p>I grew up in Hawaii and went to TCU (A long time ago) The Greek system is Strong. But I didn’t Rush and still had a great time! The South is very hospitable and people are very friendly.</p>

<p>Agrems, my D is a HS junior who is strongly considering TCU as her college choice. </p>

<p>Have you visited TCU yet? If not, I highly encourage you to do so. Very impressive campus and friendly people.</p>

<p>I visited the campus 2 summers ago, and it was actually the only college in Texas I liked. It was a very beautiful campus, but as it was summer, I didn’t get to see the school in action. I only met my tour guide (who was very informative) and two of the admission officers. Everyone seemed very friendly…and I’ve heard nothing but good things about the students and professors. I am still waiting on the decisions from my other colleges, but TCU is definitely moving up on my list.</p>

<p>Oh, I just got my letter of acceptance into the honors college. It says that honors college housing is not guarantee though, and that I need to pay my housing deposit as soon as possible in order to get in. Does anyone know when I really need to make my decision in order to get the housing? Do those types of things go fast?</p>

<p>and right behind that, FUN FUN FUN
That’s Texas for ya!
This is a response to agrems10 above by the way.
For my D it’s got just enough “weather” (the snow this year was a blast) and she enjoys being in a place where everyone is completely happy to be there…those kids are down-to-earth and it’s just basically “a good time was had by all” almost every day.
Stellar campus. Fantastic football. Fort Worth is a awesome city. Great percentage of kids are authentic and, can I say it again, friendly</p>

<p>My daughter was just notified that she has been invited to the Honors College. She is very excited. She has enjoyed her visits at TCU and looks forward to starting in the fall.</p>

<p>my youngest decided last week to join her sister at TCU
and
we
are
THRILLED
Go Horned Frogs!
Bleed Purple!</p>

<p>Feel free to send any questions you have my way ~
shuzkelly</p>

<p>HI All !</p>

<p>I got admission offer from TCU for Computer Science major with total $30000 scholarship. I am International. Till date I was not able to decide, but after reading your remarks about TCU I have decided to join TCU. See you in Fall 2010.</p>

<p>you won’t regret it
!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!</p>

<p>Hi all, was just wondering if any of you are attending from places in the US that you have to, or will be, flying from. I’m from the New-England area and therefore (if i am accepted/attend, i’m still a junior) would have to fly to DFW. My question is, how is the best way to do this? Do you normally check a large bag with most of your things and then carry on another? And do you also ship things down to TCU, or just buy everything else you can’t bring on the plane in the surrounding area once you arrive? My final question would be about bringing a car, since obviously i wouldn’t have one, so is it a big deal? Or is it not necessary to have one on campus? Do most students have their’s or no? Thanks for any feedback.</p>

<p>Just paid my tuition deposit today! Can’t wait for fall!</p>

<p>After a long thought process and rejects offers from various schools–University of Oregon, Texas Tech, Penn State-University Park–I’ve decided to attend TCU.</p>

<p>Shuzkelly, your feedback is of real interest to us. We’re also from SoCal. S is accepted to the Honor College with a partial scholarship. He’s also been accepted by UW, Penn State-University Park, Northeastern, UCI, LMU, and waitlisted at Villanova. TCU, Penn State, Northeastern, and LMU offered him freshman business program admission. We’ve visited TCU and Northeastern, and S favors TCU. We think TCU is just the right size, and based on everyone’s input on the board, knows he’ll enjoy his college experience/life there. It’s the academic area that we have questions. How rigorous are the courses? What’s TCU’s academic reputation when students apply to competitive (top ranked) national graduate schools? How does the academic/teaching quality compared to USC, as experienced by your son? We look forward to your feedback.</p>

<p>Maizeeagle86 how do you qualify for the Chancellor’s Scholarship?</p>

<p>i got invite</p>