Accepting scholarship

<p>My son clicked “accept,” but he has not received a confirmation e-mail. Does it show up anywhere on myBama that he has accepted? The box looks the same and still has the drop-down box that can be changed to decline. Should I be worried?</p>

<p>I’m not sure…you might send an email to scholarships and ask…include the CWID number.</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Wowzer–I had the same experience. I emailed the scholarships folks that we had accepted, but I guess I’d better do it again!</p>

<p>I’m still hoping to get an alumni scholarship because my grandparents are alumni, but it wasn’t on the letter I got in the mail regarding my scholarships. Should I wait to accept my scholarship offer until I hear anything regarding the alum $, or just accept it as is and try to get the alumni scholarship added later?</p>

<p>JAB–I would definitely contact Betsy Escher in UA Scholarships, either by email or by phone. I was worried, way back when, because DS’s initial scholarship letter did not acknowledge his then-NMSF status (full tuition). Betsy reassured me it would all work out, and it did. But who knows whether it would have if I hadn’t called and emailed?</p>

<p>Sigh–just one more thing to feel worried and paranoid about, LOL!</p>

<p>^ not that I want to be all rah rah sunshine and roses about UA every waking minute - (RTR!) but I’ve found that whenever I have had a concern that prompts me to try my usual email route to resolve, a phone call to UA staff usually answers my question immediately, or with a quick return call.
Just my observation, since it’s not my nature to pick up the phone for this kind of stuff, but for UA it really works.</p>

<p>AL–LOL and thanks! :D</p>

<p>^ <em>ahem</em>
excuuuuuse me?
where is your Roll Tide? ;)</p>