Accounting/Finance Internships

<p>S is seriously considering UA and wondered how available Big 4 or similar internships are. I did speak to someone at Culverson who was very informative. She mentioned that there is a career center for Culverson and a separate career center for accounting which is most impressive! Just want to make sure that recruiters are knocking on UA’s door for graduating seniors. </p>

<p>S was awarded Presidential scholarship, Honors and International Honors yet accepted to other impressive business schools unfortunately paying full freight. Weighing the opportunities…</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I will give u more info when I’m at a computer</p>

<p>Ernst and Young has a big presence at UA. [University</a> of Alabama News Ernst & Young Commits More Than $600,000 to The University of Alabama’s Culverhouse School of Accountancy](<a href=“http://uanews.ua.edu/2009/07/ernst-young-commits-more-than-600000-to-the-university-of-alabamas-culverhouse-school-of-accountancy/]University”>http://uanews.ua.edu/2009/07/ernst-young-commits-more-than-600000-to-the-university-of-alabamas-culverhouse-school-of-accountancy/)</p>

<p>As for other internships, I know of people appliying to internships at Credit Suisse and Chase, among other companies. Quite often I’ll get e-mails and professors encouraging me to apply for certain internships or to attend presentations by visiting corporate executives. I’ve also applied to internships not advertised at UA and gotten called back for interviews. </p>

<p>For reference, UA’s Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration has been accredited by the AACSB since 1929.</p>

<p>Is your child interested in working for a top accounting firm or is he interested in working for as a CPA for a large corporation?</p>

<p>Thank you Sea-Tide for referencing that pertinent article which really does illustrate a Big 4 firm partnering with UA. S is looking for a “target” school for recruiters. Interestingly, my internship was with Credit Suisse in Atlanta many years ago and I believe that and my GPA set me apart from my fellow students. </p>

<p>Mom-S is primarily considering Accounting but may consider Finance (which would eliminate Big 4 internship). He prefers working for a top accounting firm/Big 4. Not sure whether in audit/tax/consulting. Goal is to maintain 3.7-4.0 GPA and land a strong internship. He is definitely interested to thread International opportunities as he speaks German (he has dual citizenship). </p>

<p>Thanks for your insight!!</p>

<p>What state are you from?</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?</p>

<p>m2c- We live in East TN although moved from Atlanta a few years ago. This all started with a hesitant then phenomenal Honors College Invite in Knoxville which led to a more impressive campus visit to Tuscaloosa. Now this is all tough to say, because I am a true Auburn graduate!</p>

<p>also: S gave me the green light to pay his deposit and housing deposit today! I will schedule a Bama Bound date but do we need to do anything else?</p>

<p>Your son will get a letter in March asking for him to confirm his scholarship. Otherwise, you’re good to go. Congratulations and Roll Tide!</p>