ACT preference?

<p>Does UW-M prefer the ACT to the SAT?</p>

<p>Neither. Whichever you do better on is fine.</p>

<p>Actually, I began filling out my application yesterday. I read they prefer the ACT.</p>

<p>edited for the link: <a href="https://apps22.uwex.edu/pls/ea/ea.App.Main_Menu%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://apps22.uwex.edu/pls/ea/ea.App.Main_Menu&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>just click test scores and read</p>

<p>edit: argg seems like that link doesn't want to work...if you are a prospective student just go to your account you signed up with to apply online, click "instructions" then click "test scores" if you really want to read it for yourself...otherwise I can just post a screen shot.</p>

<p>About 1700 freshman used the SAT and 3900 used the ACT. Most instate use the ACT and OOS the SAT but there is no rule.</p>

<p>Standardized Test Scores
We About 1700 freshman used the SAT and 3900 used the ACT. Most instate use the ACT and OOS the SAT but there is no rule.require results from either the ACT or the SAT, including results from a standardized writing test. This writing requirement must be fulfilled with the ACT Assessment plus the ACT Writing Test or the SAT (critical reading, math, and writing). Review our New SAT/ACT Writing Test Frequently Asked Question page for complete details. </p>

<p>For both the ACT and the SAT, we consider the highest composite score obtained in a single test administration. We do not combine best scores in the various content areas over the course of several test administrations to form a combined high composite score. If a student does take a single test multiple times or both the ACT and the SAT, we will ultimately look at all scores reported in an effort to get a true sense of the student’s achievement. However, as noted above, the student’s “official” score will be single highest composite score.</p>

<p>We must receive your test scores directly from the testing service. Our test codes are 4656 for the ACT and 1846 for the SAT and TOEFL.</p>

<p>Students whose native language is not English and who were not educated in an entirely English-speaking country will likely need to submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Visit our international admissions Web site for more details.</p>

<p>"Actually, I began filling out my application yesterday."</p>

<p>You may want to wait till September 1 to fill out the application.</p>

<p>I think they may be changing the personal statement to an essay, etc, if what my high school's student services told us were correct. I'm not sure if the rest of it will change, probably not.</p>

<p>I'm going to fill it out this weekend, if I have the time! :)</p>

<p>I didn't really fill anything out except the general information like name, address, senior classes, etc. just so I would have less to do when it comes out on the first.</p>

<p>Yeah I read that they are in the process of updating the current app sheet with newer courses and requirements, etc. So you might want to wait just a little bit. I am :)</p>