ACT/SAT Test Scores

<p>My daughter is planning on applying regular decision. Her ACT scores translate to a better SAT score than her actual SAT scores. She's only reported the ACT scores to Geneseo so far. Here's the question: should she report her SAT scores too? Does anyone think that sending only ACT scores will hurt her chances?</p>

<p>Thanks for any input.</p>

<p>Don’t send the SAT scores. Sending only the ACT will improve her chances, not hurt them.</p>

<p>They’re looked at equally so there’s no point in sending the SAT scores - it would only hurt.</p>

<p>We were told that they use whatever is the best thing, so it should neither help nor hurt. That said, if the ACT is enough, why pay for sending a SAT score?</p>

<p>Don’t send them.</p>

<p>I sent both, but my ACT was significantly higher than my SAT. They say they use only the higher one, but I saw my advisement folder and at the top it listed only my terrible SAT scores. Your advisement folder is the same folder admissions uses, and when you decide to attend, they take everything out except your transcript and give it your advisor. So basically the reason I got waitlisted was because they only bothered to put my SAT scores on there. It was definitely a mistake on their part because my high school required that its students call each college they applied to in order to verify all that all their materials have been received. At the time they said they had both.</p>

<p>Sean256,</p>

<p>Whats your experience like at Geneseo? Is it what you expected? How are your grades? Any regrets?</p>