ACT score vs SAT

<p>Hey guys.
I have had my application under review for 6 weeks now and indicated on my application that I was taking the ACT in October. I just got my ACT scores and was wondering if it made me more of less competitive for admissions if I were to send them.</p>

<p>ACT: 28
SAT: 1960 (CR:690, M:600, W:670)
SAT 2: Lit: 630 US History: 630</p>

<p>Thanks for the input!</p>

<p>Most conversion charts that I've seen consider a 1960 and a 28 to be equivalent, so it's not likely to make much of a difference either way.</p>

<p>To me it all comes down to your ACT math score. The most recent (2007) reported mid-range for the math SAT at UW is 620-710; for the ACT it's 26-31. You're slightly below the mid-range for the SAT, so if your math ACT falls within the range (26 or above) I'd report it, and if it's below 26 then I wouldn't. Two low math scores suggests a trend; one means you could've just had a bad day. </p>

<p>As an aside, was your 1960 earned in one sitting? Remember that unlike many schools UW does not mix and match SAT scores.</p>

<p>Yes the 1960 was in one sitting. My ACT math was 25 so I guess I should not report. Thanks for the fast advice!</p>

<p>Your SAT is significantly higher than the UW average. The ACT is just below it. Don't worry about conversions. Go with the SAT</p>