ACT score

Does TAMU take into account your ACT Combined English/Writing score or just ACT composite score?

They do require you to take the Writing section. I believe that the score only matters for review admits.

If I got a 30 on my ACT combined score, in the top 25% in my class, and have a 4.2 GPA do I have a high chance of receiving admittance soon? I applied in September and have not heard back yet.

@kale413 With a 30 on the ACT and being in the top 25% of your class, you should have qualified as an academic admit. http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted You would have heard back with a couple of weeks. Something is not right. You should check with Admissions.

@kala413‌ what was your composite score?

@MOMOF5TX‌ my composite was a 25 so I don’t think that’s automatic admission but do you still think I have a high chance at full admission?

@kala413 I would say your GPa and class rank help you but your ACT composite is 3 points lower than the average of 27. Your composite score is why you weren’t an auto academic admit. I would say you still have a chance if your recommendations, essays and ECs are strong. Are you applting for Fall 2015 or Fall 2016. Did you happen to take the SAT that might put you more in range of the average? The avg SAT is 1880. What was your course load like? Was it rigorous? I know they look for students who aren’t good test takers and take that into consideration so good luck to you! A 4.2 seems high to not be higher than 25% unless that’s out of 5. Good luck! I hope you get in!

@MOMOF5TX‌ Thanks for your help! My GPA is cumulative GPA out of 4 taking into account some of my AP courses that is out of 5, but I do attend a college prep school so the top 10% is super competitive. I am not that great of a test taker but my overall grades and essays are what I hope they will consider worthy. I applied for Fall 2015 in September.

@kala413 good luck to you! Where do you attend school? I get the super competitive school being difficult to be in top 10% as we are in the same situation, however ours doesn’t give that much boost for APs courses. Have you reached out to admissions or explained that you’re not a great test taker in your application? I know several people have that same issue.