Act scores

I’m taking the act in september and october if I have to but I’m worried about not making the dec 15 deadline for scholarships. If I apply early in nov how long will it take to be accepted? And if anyone knows if the minimum act score for in state students for the presidential is still 30-31

Apply now! Why wait! Take fall exams, including dec if necessary, and have Bama get one of the free reports.

Google is your friend for merit info

In-State Merit Scholarships for 2019-2020

Please review our FAQ section for details on the scholarships listed below.

First time freshmen who meet the December 15 scholarship deadline, have a qualifying score on the ACT or SAT and have at least a 3.5 cumulative high school GPA through the junior year will be eligible for the following merit-based scholarships:

UA Recognition

A student with a 21-24 ACT or 1060-1190 SAT score and minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a UA Recognition Scholar and will receive $8,000 over four years ($2,000 per year).

Crimson Achievement Scholar

A student with a 25 ACT or 1200-1220 SAT score and minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Crimson Achievement Scholar and will receive $12,000 over four years ($3,000 per year).

UA Legends

A student with a 26 ACT or 1230-1250 SAT score and minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a UA Legends Scholar and will receive $16,000 over four years ($4,000 per year).

Capstone

A student with a 27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT score and minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Capstone Scholar and will receive $20,000 over four years ($5,000 per year).

Collegiate

A student with a 28 ACT or 1300-1320 SAT score and a minimum GPA of 3.5 a student will be named a Collegiate Scholar and will receive $24,000 over four years ($6,000 per year).

Foundation in Excellence

A student with a 29 ACT or 1330-1350 SAT score and minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Foundation in Excellence Scholar and will receive $32,000 over four years ($8,000 per year).

Presidential

A student with a 30-36 ACT or 1360-1600 SAT score and at least a 3.5 GPA will be selected as a Presidential Scholar and will receive the value of tuition, or $43,120 over four years ($10,780 per year). Students graduating with remaining tuition scholarship semester(s) may use these monies toward graduate school and/or law school study at UA.

Presidential Elite Scholar

A student with a 4.0 GPA and a 36 ACT or 1600 SAT will be selected as a Presidential Elite Scholar and will receive:

Value of tuition for up to four years for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate or law studies
One year of on-campus housing at regular room rate
$1,000 per year stipend for four years
$2,000 one-time allowance for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA)
$2,000 book scholarship ($500 per year for four years)

You already qualified for presidential

But won’t students who apply after me with completed applications still be prioritized?

Not me. My friend made a post on my account. She didnt want to make one because she doesnt like that you cant delete posts.

No

And prioritized for what? Apply, retest, but select Bama as a recipient of one of your free scores, and you’ll get whatever you deserve.

And do not let someone use your CC acct. that’s a violation.

UA does not limit the number of scholarships it awards - if you meet the criteria, you receive the scholarship. Period. If they over-enroll scholarship students, that’s their problem.

I think some folks got wind of that UT-Tyler enrollment debacle and are now nervous about limits on applications.