ACT vs SAT

<p>I'm planning to take an ACT because I haven't been doing so well with SAT.
Does V-tech favor SAT over ACT scores? or does it not matter?
Also I'm applying to engineering school in Tech. If I get rejected in engineering school do they look at my application again for university studies? Also for Tech do you need SAT subject tests? My counselor and other teachers told me I don't need one for Tech ,but a friend of mine told me this week that I need it and it's better.</p>

<p>VT does not require the SAT subject tests. </p>

<p>They do not favor the SAT over the ACT.</p>

<p>If you apply to the e’school and are not accepted you will be considered for admission to general studies.</p>

<p>If you have found that the SATs are not working to your strengths the decision to take the ACT is a good one. Prepare, as it is a different test and timing is much different. ACT scores are converted to SAT scores at VT. The highest sections from both formats are chosen to create the best score possible for evaluation. This is a type of super-super scoring that is discussed in threads just below yours.</p>

<p>check out the other V-tech threads as well; apparently, V-Tech only uses the math and english portion of the ACT to convert to SAT m/v…</p>