Activate Student ID to buy football tickets... When?

<p>Anyone know when incoming freshmen will be able to activate their Student ID at uwbadgers-dot-com so they can try to buy student season football tickets in June? </p>

<p>D2 emailed them a few days ago to ask, but hasn't yet received a response. Since they're back to first come, first served online ticket sales again (no lottery), D2 would like to activate her account before the rush for tickets begins on ticket sales day.</p>

<p>Thanks for asking this question. I just tried to do this today with no success so have the same question. I look forward to following this thread.</p>

<p>Oh I would love to know too! Getting up at 6:30 will suck, but its well worth it for Game tickets! I'm pleasantly surprised they changed the lottery this year. I LOVE college football and can't wait!</p>

<p>I'm not too familiar with the school but I'm proabably going to go here in two years. Anyways,I'm quite curious, how exaclty do you go about getting football tickets. Does everybody get them who wants them or what. If not, is it a lottery of first come-first serve? What about for hockey and basketball, too?</p>

<p>When I was there last week I was told that it is pretty much a lottery...</p>

<p>They recently changed.</p>

<p>Years ago, they had a lottery system open to everyone except freshmen. Then (I think) the rest of the tickets were available to freshmen first come, first serve. They then changed it to a lottery system, open to all students. If your ID number was drawn, you would get an email allowing you to purchase season football tickets. This caused a problem, when many students weren't offered to purchase season tickets. If they wanted to attend a game, they would have to buy them off eBay or through the marketplace on Facebook. The ticket prices were ridiculous, especially for homecoming and big games (Illinois, Michigan, exc.). I remember seeing tickets being sold for $100 and even $150. Upset, many students have complained over the past few years, and starting this June, they are getting rid of the lottery. It's going to be first come, first serve for all undergrads starting in June. I think I read that they are having a second "selling date" for Grad students, and are saving around 1700 tickets for that date. So either way, I'm sure it's going to be very hard purchasing tickets this June. First come, first serve will be interesting. </p>

<p>(And to the people complaining about getting up at 6:30 to buy season tickets - don't sound like the type of people I would like to be standing next to during the game. Gamedays for the Badgers are insane. I know people who camped out this past season, and got to the stadium at 3am to get a good spot in the Student Section for many games.)</p>

<p>^Well, when I'm finally there, I guess I'm jut going to have to get there at at 2:00AM. :) I seriosuly can't wait till I'm in college and can go to Badgers games!!!! It's going to be insane!!!</p>

<p>Just because I don't want to get up at 6:00 am doesn't mean I'm not psyched for gameday trust me, I'm just not an early bird lol. Oh and by the way Ron Paul, you get the tickets online so it's not like you are waiting in line or anything. It'll be interesting to see how the site holds up that morning because there's going to be a ton of traffic. How many season tickets do they give undergrads anyway. Oh and also, where is the student section at Camp Randall?</p>

<p>You have to activate your student ID, first. When will ID activation on uwbadgers-dot-com be available to incoming freshman? D2 hasn't been able to get an answer to that question.</p>

<p>A student i.d. list for the fall won't be available to the powers that are able to activate those i.d.s until they receive the responses from current students as well as newly admitted. Until that list is compiled the i.d.s are not available to be activated. (BTW son was told they are different from the Netid.) Son was advised that would be more toward the beginning of June. He did call and speak with someone regarding this issue.</p>

<p>Thanks, pokeyflash! :) As long as the student ticket accounts can be activated before the ticket sales begin, the incoming freshman should be good to go! </p>

<p>Let the mad scramble begin! :D</p>

<p>so i guess i don't fully understand how the first come first serve basis works. i know tickets go on sale at 8:30 am, so if i order right at 8:30 will i automatically get tickets? i'm sure there will be thousands of people doing the same thing, so how does it decide who gets tickets and who doesnt?</p>

<p>I'll leave that to the crack group in the AD's ticket office--and I mean that with all sarcasm. Good luck. There are always tickets for sale on campus for most games. The first 4 games you might get them below cost.</p>

<p>How likely is it that thousands of students trying to buy tickets at 8:30 am will crash their server? Are they prepared for the onslaught?</p>

<p>This reminds me of trying to buy Rolling Stones concert tickets - gone in 12 seconds on Ticketmaster (yeah, I'm old...). Most people don't even get into the system - it just hangs...</p>

<p>I guess I'll pay attention to what happens this year so I'll be prepared for how to do it in two years.</p>

<p>I just thought I would mention that you can log into uwbadgers.com now with your student IDs to be ready for the 22nd. Hopefully the servers don’t crash that morning haha.</p>