Actual Results Thread for African Americans

<p>superwoman:
It is great that you are already seeing yourself at Bryn Mawr and feeling happy and excited. I do have a feeling you are going to have some other choices to consider, so hang on to the joy you feel, but be open to whatever comes along. The wonderful thing about your situation is whatever answers you get from the other 7, you have a fantastic opportunity already in hand. Love it!!!</p>

<p>yea, I have to be open at this point, I am pretty happy this counteracted my rejection from BC yesterday :'( . But I know God has a plan for me...so I'm holding on lol. Thanks! Yes, an opportunity that I don't know I can pass up! lol.</p>

<p>Update: I got into Boston University!! with $36, 200/$8, 000 of loans/ $2, 000 work-study..omg!</p>

<p>FANTASTIC! Another amazing school! Congratulations superwoman</p>

<p>HeartArt- Thanks! This is gonna be hell week lol/happy week, who knows how my 6 other decisions will come out..I'm excited now! :) my first choice is tied between Brown and Barnard soo, who knows..</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone who recently got into colleges this week. Just found out that I was approved into Chapman University as a Creative Producing major :D</p>

<p>Congrats superwoman, thanks for the inspiring comments as well. They helped me more than you'll ever know.</p>

<p>EmekChris- You Welcome!! And good luck! Keep me posted on any news! :)</p>

<p>I got into Hopkins with really good aid! My dream.</p>

<p>WOW Congratulations Jcancollegebound! Johns Hopkins is an outstanding school.</p>

<p>I decided to go to the Ohio State University back in probably December but my first choice for most of my high school life was Macalester. However when I moved to Ohio I decided to just go here even though I knew Macalester would be more to my appeal. Before I knew it I got over Macalester the more I learned about OSU and I thought I would make the best of my college life by being involved in what interests me the most and go out and do things on my own. Interestingly enough when I got my rejection letter from Macalester I was okay and got over it pretty fast. I didn't even do the CSS Profile and other required things except for the basics and fafsa. I have no idea if that hurt my application or not but the though of moving back to Minnesota makes me cringe. I lived in a state nearby and I didn't miss the weather that's for sure.</p>

<p>Accepted to Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism!
Boston University's School of Commuications!
and Bryn Mawr College!</p>

<p>OriginalUsername- Cool! I hope you go to BU or BMC, I got into both with good finAid, might go to one of them lol :) congrats!!!</p>

<p>Thanks superwoman, and congratulations to you too! Yay! :D </p>

<p>Making a decision is going to be so hard. I wanted to go to Northwestern so badly at first, but then Dartmouth gave me great aid, and now Wellesley and Bryn Mawr like me, so I don't know what to do. I want to go to every college! lol. But I know wherever I do end up going, I'll get a great education.</p>

<p>OriginalUsername, congrats on your acceptances!</p>

<p>OriginalUsername- yea, that's soo true! Northeastern gave me good aid too, so I'm dangling in confusion lol, but I'm visiting them all during my vacation in April. Good luck with your decision and everything! And yes, I do believe wherever you end up is where you're meant to be!</p>

<p>Congrats, all... espescially about Bryn Mawr, because that is a really awesome school. Superwoman, that aid is TOO good to pass up.</p>

<p>the.pfenix- I know! That's what I said, but according to my parents..I still HAVE to wait, but I'm going down to PA in April for the Open Campus day with my moms, I hope I like it, it already looks like a beautiful campus as far as I've seen :) thanks!</p>

<p>UPDATE: accepted at Holy Cross and FAMU! :) waiting on Holy Cross financial aid, and 3 other decisions..hmm. </p>

<p>p.s. rejected at Amherst...it hurts but it does make my decision easier.</p>

<p>Okay, my D was accepted to Mizzou, U of Minn, SUNY Binghamton, Xavier (in LA), Washington University in St. Louis. She's received really good scholarships and financial aid from all but Binghamton (she won't be going there). BUT, she's trying to decide among Mizzou, Xavier and WashU. We've told her money isn't an issue because of the scholarships she received we can make up the difference. If it were you, where would you go? One other thing, she's waiting to hear from Stanford. What if Stanford accepts her with a nice package as well? Which would you chose and why? She plans to become a doctor.</p>