Actual Results Thread for African Americans

<p>It depends on what type of doctor she wants to be but, I want to be a doctor too! I would chose WashU since they are GREAT for family medicine, I could go there undergrad which could may make it easier for me to get in their med school. But then again it all depends on her, if she visited all the schools and shadowed their classes it would be good for her to see how it would be like if she were a student! Stanford, that's my dream med school!! If she gets in with good FA I don't see why she wouldn't consider going..Xavier is also a GREAT school for putting students into Med School but I don't know too much about the South, especially since I've never been...Good luck! She has a future ahead of her :)</p>

<p>D was rejected by Amherst, Swarthmore, & Wesleyan but ACCEPTED at her first choice: Oberlin! And a scholarship! Woo-hoo! She had several other accepts, but Oberlin is the one Top 20 LAC -and the most liberal- to take a chance on her despite below 50% range test scores. She's still a candidate for a full-ride, four year merit fellowship to Penn State-University Park. So either way it works out...we're thrilled!</p>

<p>akward, wustl is definitely thebest in overall academics</p>

<p>Plainsman, congrats! It's not surprising that Swarthmore, Amherst and Wesleyan were less willing to look beyond the numbers than Oberlin - - but in the end, a good outcome for your family.</p>

<p>Plainsman - congratulations! I've been following your posts as though they were a cable-tv serial. You spoke to the fears and anxieties of many parents. It's been a fascinating year. I'm almost as thrilled as you are by the outcome.</p>

<p>akward313; Congrats to your D!. And plainsman, to yours too!</p>

<p>(No offense superwoman but, ) I don't think what type of doctor she wants to be should effect her at the undergrad level. In fact, I'm a little skeptical about choosing an undergrad based on wanting to be a doctor, since the odds are with her changing her plans. ( And if she doesn't, this may be her last "fun" for a VERY long time!) I think she should plan for a range of possible outcomes. I'm in California and biased, but aside from the possible pressure, and distance if that's an issue, Stanford with aid might be hard to turn down.</p>

<p>Other than that, when I think WUSTL, I can't help but think of the all important "Washington Manual", that is so much a part of medical education. Still, I think that that's probably just relevant at the grad school level.</p>

<p>akward313: Congratulations on your daughter's acceptances! If she is thinking about medical school, here is something to consider: Go where she will get the best GPA because medical school applications are very numbers driven. Her GPA and the MCAT scores will determine if she is given an interview at any medical school. If she will have trouble getting As at Stanford for example, that is something very important to consider. Yes, medical school adcoms look at where you went to undergrad, but it really doesn't count for that much. (My H is a physician and my S1 is a first year medical student and S2 wants to go the pre med route as well). Just something to think about.</p>

<p>Congratulations to Plainsman's daughter as well!</p>

<p>just got accepted into BOSTON COLLEGE yesterday. Im officially BC BOUND!!</p>

<p>Okay, they're all in guys.
Decisions:
Accepted: University of Richmond, Northwestern University, Tufts University, Brown University(!!!!)
Waitlisted: Yale University, Washington University in St. Louis
Denied: Nowhere. ;)</p>

<p>ah! Excitement!!! I'll post my stats latter, but here are the decisions.</p>

<p>Accepted: Yale, Drexel, Tufts, Harvard (hehe, in that order)
Rejected: Nowhere (only applied to those 4 :) )</p>

<p>2013!!!</p>

<p>Wow. Everything worked out for you, you'llsee. And, we did see... :)</p>

<p>Stanford has huge grade inflation, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting a good GPA there.</p>

<p>I can't believe it. I got into Yale and Columbia! No rejections...</p>

<p>Accepted to Harvard!!!!!!!!! also brown, cornell, and columbia!</p>

<p>Rejected by Stanford. Accepted to Penn and Columbia... still waiting on my decision from Cornell.</p>

<p>Wow! Congrats you guys!</p>

<p>What an awesome class you guys are! Congratulatons all!</p>

<p>Congrats you all... Very deserving. Enjoy the moment....First the decisions on where to apply, next the acceptances/rejections from schools, now YOUR time to decide which school to choose... Enjoy the next phase of your lives all!</p>

<p>I got accepted to Yale and rejected from Harvard and Princeton.</p>

<p>Dbate,
Sorry about the rejections, but congrats on Yale! Is that your first choice? Are you still considering UT at all?</p>