Actual Results Thread for African Americans

<p>The rejections were TOTALLY okay I really only wanted to go to Yale strongly. I am not going to consider UT right now (unless financial things become an issue), Yale is SO amazing and I am so happy.</p>

<p>Financial aid will work out... our income amounts are around the same, and according to the calculator on their website, I would only have to put out 12K a year, which is really reasonable.
But yeah, congrats. Texas is having a great year!</p>

<p>Updates</p>

<p>Accepted: Yale (full ride), Cornell, Upenn, Johns Hopkins,Tufts, Swarthmore, Wesleyan, BC, Rochester, Fordham, UConn.
Rejected/Waitlisted: N/a</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone! I hope you all heard good news today! Even if some schools dissapointed you, you'll be so happy at some uni or college next year that it won't matter one bit.</p>

<p>I have a question... do you guys think it makes sense to stay on the Yale waitlist for me? On the one hand, I like the school, and it is an honor. On the other hand, I'm in at other schools. I don't know... I don't have a clear head now. I'm having trouble deciding whether it's hurt pride or sincere feeling driving my interest.</p>

<p>Got into Harvard and Stanford!!! Cannot believe it. Really hard decision to make!</p>

<p>Congrats blayman!!!!!! I still vote for Yale (heck if you go by some odd sequence of events we could become suitemates).</p>

<p>Congrats Dbate!!! Yea man, you never know....;)</p>

<p>Hmm from this thread it seems like Yale was showing much love to the blacks who applied.</p>

<p>Rejections: Princeton, Yale, UPenn, Cornell
Waitlist: University of Chicago, Stanford, Columbia
Accepted: University of Minnesota, NYU, Carnege Mellon, Tufts, Emory, Northwestern, Brown, Duke, MIT</p>

<p>Yeah, I know I applied to alot of schools.
March 31st really was the big day.</p>

<p>the.pfenix- Go with your heart and where you feel you will be the best fit for you. Compare all options and go with the ideal one.</p>

<p>Updates!!!</p>

<p>Accepted: U of Arizona, Tulane, Pitzer, Howard, STANFORD, RICE, Tufts
Rejected: Brown</p>

<p>I have such a tough decision to make. full ride at Howard, or Stanford, or Rice...oh lawdy. what to do what to do...</p>

<p>Update:</p>

<p>Accepted: Harvard, Princeton, Columbia, USC, Berkeley, UCLA!</p>

<p>2legit2quit - congrats! my vote, for what it's worth - Stanford.</p>

<p>Fabulous job!! May not mean much, but I am very proud of all you!</p>

<p>: )</p>

<p>Wow. You guys are amazing. This is making me miss the aftermath of Decision Day. I hope you all have fun choosing the next step in your life! It'll be an amazing one, for sure!</p>

<p>Congratulations to you all. I am so happy for you and excited about your future! Best wishes.</p>

<p>Final tally:
Accepted: Stanford, Duke, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, SDSU, Cal Poly, CSUS, Arizona State, UC Riverside
Waitlisted: Harvard
Rejected: UCLA, UCSD, Yale</p>

<p>eating food is a beast!</p>

<p>Accepted:
Pomona
Princeton
Columbia
Georgetown
University of Virginia
University of Michigan
University of Kansas
University of Minnesota</p>

<p>Waitlist:
Stanford</p>

<p>Reject:
None</p>

<p>I'm waiting on UPenn</p>

<p>the final list</p>

<p>accepted: yale, penn, duke, swarthmore, tufts, georgetown, george washington, american, fordham, uconn</p>

<p>rejected: none</p>

<p>i feel so blessed to have been accepted to all my schools. i'll most likely be attending yale in the fall, like so many others on this board.</p>

<p>congrats everyone! i'm so proud of you all.</p>

<p>YES, so many black Elis!</p>