Adding/Dropping Classes

<p>Hey y’all! I just got back from Bama Bound, and my schedule is not exactly the way I’d want it to be (namely chem at 8 am :/). </p>

<p>As more classes open up throughout the summer and I try to change my classes, would I first need to drop the chem (or anything else) that I already have before I can try to register for a new chem class? Or will the system let me add both and then drop the one I don’t want? I’m just concerned that I will lose the class altogether and not be able to get it back if I drop, and then come back and the class I wanted is no longer open. Thanks!</p>

<p>You do it at the same time. Put the CRN in the box to add the class and select “drop” in the drop down menu next to the class you don’t want. Then click submit. </p>

<p>Be quick about it as soon as you see an opening. Because if the class you’re trying to add fills up before you get that submitted then the system will drop the one class and tell you the other class is full.</p>

<p>BTW, if you click “add to worksheet” instead of “register” the CRN will be listed for you in the add box on the next page. Then just select the course you want to drop from the drop down menu and hit “submit changes”.</p>

<p>*I’m just concerned that I will lose the class altogether and not be able to get it back if I drop, and then come back and the class I wanted is no longer open. *</p>

<p>You do them both at the same time. using the add/drop page. you drop using the drop down menu and you add the CRN in the box on the bottom…and then register.</p>

<p>However…Sometimes it’s easier to drop at an odd hour of the night when others aren’t likely adding classes as well. So, that if you need to add the class back, you can do so.</p>

<p>Thanks! I’m still getting used to the system, but hopefully it’ll be easier next time around.</p>

<p>zgrace, if you stay in the chem class, my D (one of your roomies) will be in class with you! (At least I’m supposing there’s only one intro chem class offered at that time.) So at least you could take turns making sure you both got up and got to class on time.</p>

<p>D isn’t thrilled with having that 8 AM class, but it was the only thing that worked with her schedule.</p>

<p>awww! I wish I had seen this earlier! I actually was able to change it to the 11 am (I think?) time. I have lab for it on Tuesday’s at 8 though. Is your daughter Abby? What else is she taking?</p>

<p>Yes, my D is Abby. You could always switch back to the early class! I told her earlier you were in the class, and she thought that was cool. Although I wouldn’t blame you in the least for keeping it at 11:00!! She’s a night owl, so it’s going to be hard for her to get to class.</p>

<p>Her schedule:</p>

<p>General Chem 101: MWF 8:00-8:50 AM, T 6:30-7:50 PM, Lab R 8:00-10:50 AM</p>

<p>Music Theory MUS 115: MWF 10:00-10:50 AM, TR 3:00-3:50 PM</p>

<p>Piano: MW 11:00-11:50 AM</p>

<p>Honors Bio I BSC 118, MWF 1:00-1:50 PM, M 4:00-4:50, Lab T 12:00-2:50</p>

<p>Music Convocation MUA 010: F 12:00-12:50</p>

<p>Marching Band: M-F, 4:00-5:30 PM</p>

<p>Flute Lesson: Time to be determined</p>

<p>Potential Symphonic Band/Alabama Wind Ensemble/Huxford Symphony Orchestra: won’t know until after auditions scheduled for two days before school starts</p>

<p>We have honors biology together!! :)</p>

<p>Her boyfriend and their really good friend also have the same Honors Bio class. The boyfriend will be 2 suites down from you all, and the friend is over in Ridgecrest West. You’ll have a ready-made study group!</p>

<p>Even if you’re not in the same chem class, you can still study together, as you’ll be covering the same material. I don’t think either of the boys are taking chem, though. </p>

<p>But another of Abby’s good friends who lives a little further down your hall will be taking Honors Chemistry.</p>

<p>Oh, and you girls need to get together and talk to figure out who’s going to bring what for the common areas. :slight_smile: Abby’s bringing a Keurig coffeemaker. She also wants to get a Ninja Master Prep with some of her graduation money. I just bought one of those the other day, and it makes fabulous quick smoothies and almost-as-good-as ice cream (with just frozen fruit, milk, and a bit of sweetener).</p>

<p>Wow that’ll be nice to have a bunch of us taking the same classes! And ooh, a keurig coffee maker, that’s awesome! :slight_smile: I was thinking of getting a Magic Bullet for smoothies and dips, etc. also. And I have a sandwich maker.</p>

<p>DS just acquired an 8 a.m. class – Professor Summers’ wildly popular CL222, Greek and Roman Mythology. Oh well, every college kid needs at least one 8 a.m. class. Why should previous generations get all the suffering? LOL.</p>

<p>Ninja Master Prep with some of her graduation money.</p>

<p>If you’re a Costco member, watch their coupons…I got a Ninja prep for son for a good deal with a Costco coupon.</p>

<p>D is also in the Honors Bio class!</p>

<p>Lady Di,</p>

<p>lil bro will be taking that Greek Mythology class as well. Luckily for him he got in the 9:30 - 10:45 session. No way in hades he’d make an 8am class. I’m just hopeful he’ll make the 9:30. This will be the earliest class he’s had at UA. And I’m afraid I spoiled the boy with nothing earlier than 11am and Fridays off both semesters last year.</p>

<p>LOL, NJ! :slight_smile: Well, if DS had acted earlier, he might have gotten into the 9:30 session, too. It’s closed now, alas. (I think there also might have been a conflict with another one of his classes, though. One good thing about an 8 a.m. class: It’s unlikely to conflict with any other class, LOL.)</p>

<p>If I recall correctly, you mentioned that CL222 fulfills part of the Humanities / Literature requirement…is that correct? Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>According to ratemyprofessors.com, CL222 is a huge hit. The kids love Professor Kirk Summers – they call him “Kirkules.” LOL!</p>

<p>Yes, it fulfills a humanities requirement. Prof Summers does get great reviews like you said. Hopefully the class will be so interesting that lil bro looks forward to waking up and going.</p>

<p>LOL!! Thanks. :)</p>