Additional Scholarships

<p>I received a 1,200 scholarship today in the mail from Alabama. Is that the only notification of a scholarship I will receive, or is it possible to receive more as the month goes on?</p>

<p>Was this a dept scholarship? or was this the scholarship that you’d get for stats?</p>

<p>Are you instate or OOS?</p>

<p>What was your Math +CR SAT? Did you apply before Dec 1?</p>

<p>Department scholarship for $1,200 (Communications)</p>

<p>Out of state - NY</p>

<p>1370 SAT, applied in October.</p>

<p>Were you earlier told about a university scholarship? What was your GPA (grades 9-11)???</p>

<p>With a 1370 M+CR SAT and a 3.5+ GPA you would have gotten a 2/3 tuition scholarship (about 14k per year).</p>

<p>Edited to add…I see that you have a 3.0 GPA…that’s the problem. If your GPA had been a 3.5, you would have gotten a good-sized scholarship. Don’t know if you’ll be awarded any more.</p>

<p>BTW…I see that you’ve applied to Penn State as an OOS student. Would you be a full-pay student there? Unlikely to get aid from PSU.</p>

<p>Yeah I was surprised to get anything from Alabama in the first place anyway, but it was still exciting news :)</p>

<p>I go to an extremely competitive school (Brooklyn Tech, if you’ve heard of it…) but I think once I get to college I will be able to get my grades up pretty high and get some scholarships in future years. Thankfully I’m an only child so my parents don’t have anyone else to worry about.</p>

<p>I would be full pay at PSU, and I know they’re pretty bad with aid… I wasn’t really expecting anything from any of my schools to begin with but I guess my SAT score probably helped a bunch. </p>

<p>:) Thanks for always being so helpful - I hope these forums, or something better/similar will be around when I am a parent so I can help them like you do!</p>

<p>Yes…your SAT is what got you that scholarship!</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama? If not, you should.</p>

<p>Yes…I’ve heard of Brooklyn Tech…excellent school.</p>

<p>We were at Bama yesterday and were told that additional scholarships should go out over the next 1-2 weeks. We were told this by the Honors College staff and also the staff in my son’s specific major area.</p>

<p>mombama-did they mention anything about CBHP/UFE notifications going out?</p>

<p>No. I’m sorry. I didn’t hear any mention of that. My son didn’t apply for those programs so I didn’t ask. They did mention that there are still openings in Alabama Action.</p>