Adjusting schedule

<p>I keep switching my schedule around and today I noticed Italian 101 had a few openings. I have always wanted to learn Italian and I think I would thoroughly enjoy the class, however I am currently registered for 16 credits.
GEO 101
MATH 110
CJ 100
SOC 101
MUS 121
I am debating dropping Sociology and Music in order to fit in Italian. I’m just wondering if I should stick with my original schedule (16 credit hours and finishing up course req. for fine arts) or switching to Italian (14 credit hours and starting foreign lang. req.) </p>

<p>Thanks for any input and roll tide!</p>

<p>The Italian professors are wonderful, I have only heard really good reviews about them!!</p>

<p>DD at another school, put off her foreign language until now (3rd year) and now wishes she had done it sooner since there are other upper level courses she’d like to take but foreign lang. adds conflict. One option for your fine arts is looking at local community college and doing it over summer (make sure it will transfer); DD was able to do this by taking a “history of rock music” not a a bad way to spend time doing a class in the summer. </p>

<p>Just something to think about.</p>

<p>^^^Yes, I was going to suggest that, too. Maybe try to take something between freshman and sophomore year. Once you’re past that, it will be hard to find summer courses elsewhere that will fulfill core requirements. Bama does offer a good number of courses during the summer, but if you’re OOS, it will be quite expensive, with tuition and housing, so I suggest you try to do any core classes close to home over the summer. Like others said, do make sure they transfer. The registrar’s website has a great chart that you can use to find transfer credit from other universities.</p>

<p>Shelton is much cheaper and has smaller classes. Make sure you go to the STARS page and get the information there and print it off. There are specific courses at Shelton that count at UA. Do that exactly.</p>

<p>[STARS</a> Home Page](<a href=“http://stars.troy.edu/stars/what_stars.htm]STARS”>http://stars.troy.edu/stars/what_stars.htm)</p>

<p>If taking courses at another institution online or on campus over the summer after ones freshman/sophomore/junior year at UA, be sure to make sure that they will transfer and go online to get a letter of transiency from UA. Letters of transiency detail how each course will transfer to UA.</p>

<p>Note that 100 and 200-level courses can be completed at community/junior colleges (subject to some restrictions) at a lower cost than at 4-year colleges/universities. Feel free to look at OOS schools as some offer really good deals. For example, Clovis CC in New Mexico offers inexpensive tuition for online courses. I ended up taking an undergraduate and graduate course on campus in Nevada (instate rates and lower fees for everyone during the summer) where my total school and living expenses were 1/3 of just the OOS tuition cost at UA.</p>