Administrative approval for 19 hours?

<p>My freshman D would like to register for 19 hours for fall semester. Her Crimson scholarship should cover this number of hours, but we aren’t who to contact to get administrative approval for this many hours.</p>

<p>Does anybody know who she needs to contact? Her advising appointment is this Thursday.</p>

<p>She’s in honors, had a 4.0 first semester, and will likely have a 4.0 this semester (unless she makes just an A- in flute studio; flute instructor apparently only rarely gives a full A to anyone). If anybody can handle that many hours, plus a research project through Emerging Scholars, it will be her! Thank goodness she has innate excellent time management skills. She already has it all planned out how she can make it work.</p>

<p>Wouldn’t her advisor have to sign off?</p>

<p>Is that who normally does it? She’s had less than 18 hours the past two semesters, so the question hasn’t come up yet.</p>

<p>I told her maybe the advisor would be the one to do it, but she wanted me to ask here, because she’s finally become convinced that College Confidential members know everything there is to know about UA!</p>

<p>She just wants to be prepared ahead of time on Thursday, in case there might be anybody else she’s supposed to see.</p>

<p>ask during the advising appt. if it is not that person, that person can tell her what she needs to do.</p>

<p>Her advisor or the advisor’s supervisor (a dean) should be able to approve the overload and then send it to the registar to be updated into UA’s system. Depending on how busy the registrar’s office is, the complete approval process can take as little as 15 minutes.</p>

<p>As long as she’s on a Presidential or National Merit Scholarship, she should be approved. I know people here that have taken 21 hours on scholarship without any additional tuition charges. You will have some additional course fees, however.</p>