administrative hold

<p>What's an administrative hold? Why do I have one from 5/3/05 to 12/31/99? What does this mean? And when are we supposed to register for classes since the hold wont let me register and people at my school are saying that I need to register by may 23 or something?</p>

<p>Contact the Student Services Office...they handle all of the academic or financial holds. If you give them your name, your pid, student number or your social security number, they should be able to help you out. You cant register until you get that cleared up--it also hinders a lot of other things as well like buying a parking pass, getting a new hokie passport...ect.</p>

<p>ok, but when do we register for class, on orientation day or before the end of this month?</p>

<p>what else are we supposted have given them now? i sent them my deposit and my housing stuff</p>

<p>you register for classes on the second day of orientation.</p>

<p>they basically choose your classes for you...however, youll get to choose one or two of your electives--youll be notified of this through email during the summer...so dont sweat it :)</p>

<p>vtengineer, can we change our classes to get dif professors.</p>

<p>Yes you can, but as a freshman engineer its pretty difficult for Tech to allow you to switch around your first semester schedule. After your first semester, you can choose classes according to times or teachers of your preference.</p>

<p>VTEngineer...does it matter which orientation you attend as far as getting a decent schedule, or is your schedule pretty much set when you get there? For electives do they release space in classes for each orientation or do the students at earlier orientations have a better chance at getting electives they want? Also, do you have any suggestions for easy electives that would lighten the load during that first semester when everyone is in workload shock?</p>

<p>Your schedule is pretty much set regardless.</p>

<p>When do we have to pay tuition fee by?????</p>

<p>whats the deal with orientation? do my parents have to go? i see that its two days. whats the schedule?</p>