Admission and Majors

<p>Hi, I’m new around the site, but I have visited, “lurked,” around often. I’m currently a senior in high school, currently working on college applications.</p>

<p>I am looking to join any UC campus, except Merced [not because I think it’s bad, it’s just too new to know anything about it], LA, B, and SD [because of grades; UC GPA : ~3.4, SAT I : 1950, SAT II : each 700-750, Class Rank : ~100/~800 (BIG campus)]. So, I’m left with applying to either UCR, UCSB, UCD, UCI, and UCSC.</p>

<p>I am looking forward to joining medical school in the near future, thus I am really gearing towards UCR, no matter what kind of negative hype there is about it. But, UCI is second choice for me. </p>

<p>UCR will be opening up a medical school when I am there, thus I believe I will have lots of research opportunities with proffessors; they also have the Thomas Haider program. UCI, on the other hand, has sent me a letter about acknowledging me for their CHP, Campuswide Honors Program.</p>

<p>Let’s say I get accepted into both UCR [med school/research+Thomas Haider] and UCI [CHP], which should I choose?</p>

<p>On that note, when applying online what should I choose as my major and alternative major.</p>

<p>Whoops, scratch that. It’s a 3.2 UC GPA. Much worse than I originally thought.</p>