Admission chances for 2018

<p>DD has 31 ACT, 3.3 GPA but took rigorous course load (ap classes and dual credit) distinguished scholar, varsity athlete (swim and water polo) pres German club, vp Interact, lifeguard, asst mgr local pool, 400 community service, Girls Scout gold award, letter rec from an astronaut, applied Aug 1 still on step 3. Attends very competitive well respected Texas hS. Has been admitted to all other choices months ago, even offered honors programs and scholarships at other schools and has heard absolutely nothing for TAMU.</p>

<p>If she was placed in the second quarter of her graduating class, it may not be unusual that she has not heard from A&M. Being a review admit, she probably wouldn’t have heard anything, particularly, if she was applying to a very competitive major. Also, many, many kids receive offers of honors programs and even full tuition scholarships at other schools but may not hear back with an acceptance or rejection until spring from A&M, if a review candidate. Of course, if she was given a ranking of the first quarter of her class and, therefore, an automatic admittance, I would call admissions and check on it since you did apply August 1st. Hope that helps!</p>

<p>Thanks for the info. She applied to liberal arts, which should be easier than engineering or business. Knew many students from her hS last year with similar stats as her that heard by Nov last year. Was surprised to not have heard anything by now since they are supposed to have rolling admissions. If she doesn’t hear soon, they will be off the list. At this point if she does get admitted she wouldn’t get a dorm. I’m not sure I like the idea of off campus housing as a freshmen. So many decisions…</p>