Admission Chances

<p>Hello, I have submitted my application, and I am still currently in review. </p>

<p>Also, for anyone else wondering, my counselor told me the date to look forward to for A&M is February 15th, apparently when they are supposed to send out letters to non-automatic admissions. Anyway, here are my stats.</p>

<p>1900 SAT, 1240 Math + Crit Reading</p>

<p>670 Math, 570 Crit Reading.</p>

<p>Ranked 34/270 in my class. Around top 13-15%.</p>

<p>3.65 GPA, all AP courses, including AP Calculus.</p>

<p>Vice President of National Honor Society.</p>

<p>Lots of band credentials. Section Leader since sophomore year, All Region Band, All Region Jazz Band, State Solo & Ensemble multiple times.</p>

<p>I'm in the running for an AFROTC Scholarship, and I'll be in ROTC and the Corps at A&M.</p>

<p>Looking forward to your replies.</p>

<p>I’m sure you could get in with what you posted here</p>

<p>307 views and 1 reply? Come on guys, just tell me what you think. Anything can help.</p>

<p>I know plenty of students with equal or lesser credentials than yours who were admitted. My oldest son was not in the top 10% of his h.s. class (we’re from texas) but was fortunate enough to be admitted as an academic admit (30 on ACT). He’s a sophomore in the aerospace engineering program and loves it. My h.s. senior has been admitted (top 10%, 2200 on SAT) but is still considering several schools at this point, including UT :). </p>

<p>I really believe you have nothing to worry about. From what I’ve heard from their admissions folks, they will love the fact that you challenged yourself (your AP load), your ECs, and your interest in the Corps. Good Luck - I know the wait is excruciating! Let us know how it goes…</p>

<p>I believe you will be asked to be an Aggie - Let us know when you find out!</p>

<p>When did you apply?</p>

<p>I got my acceptance packet into Biology major from Texas A&M yesterday. I accepted A&M offer immediately. I got in thru review admit. (Top 11% with 27 ACT Comp and sent my detailed resume). You should be hearing from them soon if you sent ur app in November. With your credentials, you’ll get in. Don’t worry! :)</p>

<p>Thanks guys, I really appreciate your feedback. I applied a few days before the scholarship deadline that was in early December, but unfortunately I forgot to send my transcript so I am now completely unable to get any scholarships… :confused: </p>

<p>I am very nervous, but in the back of my head I’m pretty sure I don’t have anything to worry about. But who couldn’t be nervous, right? </p>

<p>I’m still in Step 3 and have been for quite a while. I check AIS every day. I really look forward to hearing more feedback from you guys, and I check this thread quite frequently, so I will definitely welcome any feedback and answer any other questions you guys have.</p>

<p>Thanks so much!</p>

<p>Just got accepted, guys!!</p>

<p>Official letter hasn’t come in yet, but AIS is letting me accept the offer, and congratulating me on being accepted to the Aggie family!</p>

<p>Congrats on being accepted! Thank goodness your wait was relatively short. Enjoy your time in College Station.</p>

<p>Congrats! I’m still waiting for my acceptance and I applied in October…</p>

<p>Congrats to you!</p>

<p>Congrats, I’m still waiting for my letter, REALLY hope to have the same good news. the wait is killing me</p>

<p>Thanks guys so much. I still check this thread often, so please don’t hesitate to leave any questions you may have.</p>

<p>My advice to applicants waiting to hear back is to check AIS at least once or twice a day. I literally checked mine one night to find myself STILL on step three, then five minutes later I had an itchy feeling, and checked back and I had been moved to step 5: “Respond to the Admission Decision”, to which I of course accepted. I got my acceptance letter/packet in the mail two days later.</p>

<p>Trust me, I know the wait is excruciating. I’m a little disappointed, because my first choice major, Business Administration, filled up before they accepted me, so I was placed in General Studies. I’m planning to take as many Business classes as possible and transfer into the Business College as soon as possible.</p>

<p>Keep checking guys, all your stress will end soon, I promise.</p>

<p>Good luck to everybody!</p>

<p>I applied by the deadline and have still not heard back as of today. </p>

<p>I am getting worried. I got 1880 on SAT and 29 on ACT. GPA 3.45 from a very competitive
high school in North Texas. In top 30% of class. </p>

<p>Do you think I have a chance of getting in?</p>

<p>can anyone chance me for university of arizona?</p>

<p>current junior out of state
weighted gpa:4.2-4.3
uw:3.87
SAT: math-650 reading-620 writing-640 total-1910
taking it again to improve scores to hopeful 2000
extracurriculars- work as a lifeguard, varsity swimming, math club, youth educators, boy scout (soon to be eagle), junior statesmen of america, volunteering at hospital and soup kitchens, speak german fluently
looking to major in bio, then move to med school
plus, any chances of scholarship?
xamboy95 is online now</p>

<p>might take this to University of Arizona section instead of A&Ms</p>

<p>AggieHope --</p>

<p>It really just depends on when you applied. What do you mean by “by the deadline”? Keep on mind that A&M is rolling, so just because you applied by the deadline does not mean you applied at a good time. I applied in September and did not hear back until December. You will hear back in the next few weeks. Your test scores are good, but your class rank is average. I hope you have some extra stuff to boost you (clubs, jobs, interest, etc.)</p>

<p>Hope you get in.</p>

<p>GregNallie - Congratulations. The Corps will be happy to have you. Keep your grades up and you will be in a good position to be accepted into a department. Check with the Financial Aid office; you can apply for scholarships next year.</p>

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>I was wondering if anyone could help me out…I applied to A&M on August 7th and checked a few days later to see that everything has been checked off and processed. Since I applied within days of the App opening will I find out quickly? I am ranked in the top 10% of my class with a 3.8 GPA. I think that puts me in the automatic admit but I am just so anxious to hear back. On another thread many people said they recieved their acceptance within 3 weeks of submitting their application.</p>