Admission chances

<p>Hello all
Well here´s the thing... Im graduating from high school in december and my first choice college is university of miami. I come from a nationally recognized high school here in Panama that varies between 13 to 14 subjects per year. It has a rigorous and demanding curriculum. Right now i have a gpa of 4.06 in a scale of 5 and 3.24 in the scale of 4.
I took the TOEFL and got a 95. i took the sat for the first time in october and got a 1510 (i know its horrible) but i retook it in november and im planning to take it again in december. My last resort would be to take the ACT test in december and hope for the best if i dont get the score i need in the SAT. I have a great first draft essay and 3 letters of recommendation from 2 teachers and the principal. I can get a letter of recommendation from an important political figure whom which im acquainted to also.
The thing is i really want to get accepted into University of Miami and want to do the best i can to improve my application from now to late december which is when ill be applying (i still have in the back of my head applying early decision with this hurriedly made application i put together just a month ago, i have till the 9th of november) any suggestions to improve my chances of acceptance to the U would be gladly appreciated.</p>

<p>Also im ranked 17/33 in my class and have 80 hours of community service, participation in the school soccer league and 2 years of martial arts training.</p>

<p>bump…please i just need some guidance</p>

<p>UMiami loves international students! I think you have a good chance. However, they do not accept SAT scores from international students I don’t think. As long as you have solid letters of recommendation and you volunteer, you should be fine. Hope to see you next year!!</p>

<p>Also, make sure you proofread your essay for grammatical/structural errors. Write about something that appeals to their emotions: something close to your heart. Good luck!</p>

<p>Thank you so much Narissa!</p>

<p>If they dont require SAT scores that would help me sooo much! i ve been so stressed out these couple of months studying for it.</p>

<p>Call the office of admission just to be sure! 305-284-4323</p>

<p>[International</a> Admission Requirements | Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami](<a href=“http://www.miami.edu/admission/index.php/undergraduate_admission/apply/international_applicants/]International”>http://www.miami.edu/admission/index.php/undergraduate_admission/apply/international_applicants/)</p>

<p>"Applicants studying outside of the US:</p>

<p>The SAT/ACT report is not required and should not be submitted for admission consideration from applicants who are attending schools outside of the United States"</p>