Admission Chances

<p>I really want to get into UW and I was hoping you guys would give me some feedback! Thanks!!
GPA: 3.95 (2 B's ever.)
ACT:27
I've already taken 3 AP's and I'm taking 5 AP classes senior year.</p>

<p>Shouldbe pretty good. Just take the essay seriously.</p>

<p>The only thing I’m concerned about is my ACT score. It seems a bit on the low side and I’m afraid they will judge my academic performance based on that.</p>

<p>Grades count more as do APs etc. Your ACT is good enough although a 28 or 29 would not hurt either.</p>

<p>I presume you got at least a 3 on those finished AP’s, hopefully better with such a high gpa- unweighted, I presume. Consider retaking the ACT to up your score, you are in the middle half already- you know your strong and weak areas. Get your application in early. Get the teacher recs and write good essays- there was a poster with excellent academic credentials who said he was denied recently because he did not take the essays seriously. Don’t waste time worrying, do what you can do and enjoy your senior year, including continuing to study. Sometimes the students who overperform relative to test scores (as opposed to those with lower grades than their high test scores would predict) are more likely to succeed in college- these students know how to work hard and likely will continue to do so in college.</p>