Admission contract

<p>Hello people,
I recently received my letter of acceptance from uw-madison, as a Int' transfer student. And I received a letter of contract that I must return by April 24th whether I accept/reject the admission offer.!! Isn't that too early!?! I haven't even heard from some schools that I applied for.<br>
Is anyone else in a similar sitatutation,,.. any advice??... thank you..</p>

<p>Are you sure it's not the Housing Contract? Because you should return that, even if it's before you've officially made your decision on whether or not to attend UW Madison.</p>

<p>I really feel ashamed now :/
that is right . On the top of the page there is HUGE BOLD title that says "University residence Hals for the Academic year"! I am glad you told me this before contacted school, thank you Pathetique :)))</p>

<p>hi uha1,</p>

<p>my boyfriend is applying, and he is an international transfer student as well. do you mind telling me when you applied, and when you heard back the admission decision from UW? my boyfriend hasnt heard anything until now. his status doesn't even change to complete materials or anything.</p>

<p>diera23,</p>

<p>I applied in January. I first received the admission email from egr department couple weeks ago, than I received the decision in mail yesterday... he should receive the decision shorty, or he can also contact the department he is applying for.</p>

<p>Remember you are admitted to the university as a whole as an undergrad, plus perhaps a specific dept for some upperclassmen. You can change your major once you're a UW student.</p>

<p>wis 75 ,
thank you for the inf. Actually, I am admitted to general engineering program, because of the chemistry requirement. I am told to take chm at this fall 09 semester along with other courses at UW and apply spring 2010 to my specified major. So I guess this is the general case for most applicants.</p>

<p>You were admitted to the university, including engineering. As you stated, you still will have to apply to your specific program. You will not lose your admission if you choose to change your major, nor did your proposed major influence your getting accepted to UW. I'm making this point so others realize that declaring a major is useful but doesn't bind you to it, nor does it always guarantee you will be accepted later into a specific major that has limited enrollment. For some transfers it will be important to know they have an acceptance to both the university and their specific program. It sounds like you have been told that once you meet the requirements by taking certain UW courses you will be able to pursue the major you want. Congratulations!</p>