admission decision on status check?

<p>For those of you that have applied, and been accepted, how did you find out?</p>

<p>More specifically, did you discover your admittance via the online application status, which claims you can view your "admission decision" on it?</p>

<p>Or do you get just an envelope from the admissions dept.? Or both? Do you also get an update on your online status? Which comes first, and by how long?</p>

<p>Yeah, I have the same question? I am checking that website multiple times a day… since I applied… =D</p>

<p>I found out online first, and a few days letter received an envelope.</p>

<p>hey and one more question for all you acceptees (and maybe rejectees too): it seems that UWM notifies their students rather quickly, from what I’ve read, like 1-2 weeks after receiving the application of some students…</p>

<p>whats the general time it takes for them to deliver you a decision after you apply?</p>

<p>i called today and they told me my decision was mailed out and that i’d be able to find out online tonight… my application materials were only complete on the 6th…
does anyone have any idea at what time wisco updates their website?</p>

<p>^^^^hmm…not sure. But I’d think the status would be updated sometime shortly after their office closed.</p>

<p>marcr92, you say your “application materials were only complete on the 6th.” When did you submit your materials? thx, plz reply!</p>

<p>I found out through the ‘Student Center’ window at MyUW.</p>

<p>Though I do find it quite confusing. I never knew if they ever received my stuff or at what date since there was no link for that. And one day it just said I was accepted =P
I was like 0.o</p>

<p>she said around midnight, so thats CST, im in EST, so i’ll be checking at 1</p>

<p>^marcr92, around when did you apply?</p>

<p>I found out via the online status under “student center.” </p>

<p>It currently says:</p>

<p>UW-Madison<br>
General Course - BA Degree<br>
2010 Fall
Status Details
After careful review and consideration of your application, we regret we are unable to offer you admission. </p>

<p>…which really, really sucks.</p>

<p>^Yea, rejection sucks…sorry to hear about that. When did you happen to apply and how quickly were they able to deliver you your decision online?</p>

<p>I got stuff in the mail about housing first, which I though was strange because I hadn’t received an acceptance letter. I checked the status of my application online, and, sure enough, I had been accepted. Still waiting for the letter, though.</p>

<p>WOOOT! OMG I just checked my app status and it says I was accepted…the weird thing is the decision was so speedy lol. I seriously applied just under two weeks ago…</p>

<p>Yeah I applied under two weeks ago also and found out today online that I was accepted.</p>

<p>@missionewokzzz
I had applied on January 26th, but all of my materials were there from October because I didn’t apply as early as i should have, even though I was accepted.
However, Wisconsin lost my transcript, so I had that sent on the 27th. They were quick to update my materials online and showed that they had the transcript on the 6th, so technically my application wasn’t complete until 5 days before I was accepted.</p>

<p>I applied on September 15th, and my status just changed to “After careful review and consideration of your application, we regret we are unable to offer you admission.”</p>

<p>And this is almost a month after I got the actual rejection letter.</p>

<p>I just checked the status today. My D submitted late (late) January. On a whim, I checked the status today and found “Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin. We have mailed your official letter of admission and admission materials.” This is her first response from any of her applications. I am relieved it was an acceptance.</p>

<p>NCDanceMom- wow, your D let you into her private computer info??? She will need to change her password before school starts. I was lucky four years ago they had a red YES on the large envelope when I got the mail. Son did let me see the information, I have never been privy to the MyUW page.</p>

<p>Yes, I currently have access to all of her college application sites. Due to her school, dance and other EC schedule, she only has one day a week where she has more than 2 hours at home with access to the computer. She had a serious dance injury on 1/15 (broken jaw) which put her out of commission for about a week due to pain and medications. She barely made the Feb 1st deadline for UW-Madison. I am still really surprised the decision came back so quickly. She has not yet visited the campus. We are looking at calendar now to find a date.</p>