Admission Decisions

<p>Well it is officially August and this is the time of year that, so I’ve been told, the admissions office starts to regain its staff and make decisions for next fall. I talked to an admissions counselor on UA’s website and she said that the staff will start reviewing applications and making decisions within the next few weeks. So I was wondering if anyone else has heard other wise, or is this correct? Thanks.</p>

<p>This makes sense because the 10-month staff employees likely began work yesterday.</p>

<p>Yes…staff reported yesterday. I was on campus visiting a few friends who happen to work for the University and also Panhellenic…there were lots of Dept. meetings ect going on and so I imagine that although people are “back” they still have some things to get done before they are up and running full speed. I know how anxious y’all for an answer…we were all there…hang in there it will come soon. Keep us posted…:)</p>

<p>I heard one to two more weeks but I’m always wrong lol</p>

<p>Well I’m just glad to hear that they are back and working with a larger staff. This wait kills me!</p>

<p>DD went on line yet again to make sure that the school had received everything. Keeping my fingers crossed!</p>

<p>Question: Once accepted what is the process? I’m sure it involves sending in a check. lol But is there a deposit for the spot and then another deposit for housing?</p>

<p>DD would like to stay in Honors dorm…do those fill up quickly?</p>

<p>Well, I’m glad the staff is back for those of you waiting anxiously. We’re not waiting anxiously yet because we can’t get a transcript out of D’s high school for another few weeks. At least the grades for the college course she finished last week posted, so she was able to order those transcripts. Every little bit of progress. . . I’m sure Alabama will be the first school D hears from. She sent in one other application yesterday, but the rest of the schools to which she knows she’s applying at this point haven’t even made their applications available yet.</p>

<p>I just want to say to y’all Roll Tide. We were in your shoes last year waiting for decisions & scholarships. It is exciting, but I know it can be nerve-wracking. I want to let you know that my S applied in July and he had a decision and a confirmation of his scholarship before school started in Sept. We were anxiously awaiting the weighting of his gpa, but that was on S’s HS side.</p>

<p>He did end up applying to several more schools with the Dec 30 deadlines, but he could probably have saved himself a 100 hours in essay writing & app stuff, but oh well.</p>

<p>And now, we are packing up ready to send him 18 hours away to 'Bama! Did I say Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Idinct…thanks for posting that. As we found Alabama, and my son learned more about it, he became increasingly interested in it. So much so that he is leaning towards NOT applying to any other schools (if he can get his ACT/SAT up 20 points for more scholarship money!!). I have mixed feelings about not applying to others, but certianly do not want to spend money for no real reason. It is something we will ahve to contemplate the next few weeks.</p>

<p>You should definitely have a backup plan in case, for any reason, you’re not accepted.</p>

<p>I was just told that they would be starting to make decisions on August 22nd. Anybody else hear this?</p>

<p>Well you have time to contemplate as most colleges aren’t due until Dec. 30 at least, unless you go ED or EA. He went down from about 10 to 7 applications. I was glad he had some options, you never know, it is a long time from Aug to decision day of May. Especially at their age.
It was an interesting Senior year though. He didn’t have nearly the pressure of his friends as he was pretty sure he was going to Bama in August. Another visit and a football game at homecoming weekend that was pretty much it. Did he work as hard as he could have, probably not, but he got 5’s & 1 4 on his APs so that was what was important.</p>