Admission Question

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I recently applied to Hampshire for Fall of this year as an entering freshman. I was put on the waitlist, and it's beginning to look like I won't be taken off of it. When I applied there was some technical issue with common app that kept my portfolio from uploading. I am hoping to primarily concentrate in their art based social advocacy program, and the strongest part of my application was definitely my portfolio which included paintings and musical compositions that I made. I am very passionate about Hampshire, after researching every iota of information on the internet, and visiting, I have come to the conclusion that I am not willing to go to any other school. I am curious as to whether it is appropriate to request an appeal in my situation. Thanks for any guidance guys.</p>

<p>I would never hesitate to ask. They can only say no.</p>

<p>Hi Again!</p>

<p>My daughter didn’t discover Hampshire until way after the deadline. She took awhile to get everything in and her application was not complete until March. What she did after that was show her interest by sending additional items and writing them a lot. If you feel that is the school you want to attend write them a letter that says exactly that. Just be yourself and say what you just said in your post. I wouldn’t yet appeal, just write a letter tomorrow that is short and simple. Write the admissions person that is in charge of your area or that you’ve been talking to. After visiting my daughter wrote a quick email and she responded within a few hours.</p>

<p>I hope this helps and good luck.</p>

<p>nevermind, I got in!! Thanks for the help everyone …</p>