Admission rate?

<p>Geneseo has been in the lead for a while. It's admission rate has been the lowest in the SUNY system (33%) for quite some time. This has been one of Geneseo's main bragging factors and appears in many of their brochures and adds. Recently, after checking the collegeboard website, I noticed Binghamton now has a lower rate at 33%. Is Binghamton now the most selective school in the SUNY system? Has Geneseo lost it's lead?</p>

<p>They are comparable. No one should choose one or the other thinking it is more selective, that would be a mistake. Depends on major and the environment one seeks in a college. Both are good schools. Having said all that, Geneseo may drop in acceptance % this year since they cut the class size by about 8% for this year. Unclear if that is because of their drive to be more competitive (that was alluded to someplace) or budgetary reasons (stated here on CC).</p>

<p>Be careful when looking at just the acceptance rate. You also need to take into account the student profile and applicant pool. </p>

<p>For example, New Paltz may eventually have the lowest acceptance rate because the school has become popular and receives a rather larege amount of applications for its incomming class. However, the average student profile of a student who attends New Paltz typically is not as competitive as a student who attends Geneseo or Binghamton. </p>

<p>Geneseo continues to have the largest percentage of students who fall into Tier one of the SUNY ranking system (97%). </p>

<p>Looking at the 25th and 75th %tile for the most recent class Geneseo and Binghamton are pretty similar…</p>

<p>Geneseo 25th 75th<br>
ACT 28 30
SAT 1230 1380
AVG SAT 1340 AVG GPA 94</p>

<p>Binghamton
ACT 26 29
SAT 1190 1350
AVG SAT 1290 AVG GPA 94</p>

<p>So are you saying Geneseo is MORE selective?</p>

<p>They are basically the same but Geneseo is slightly ahead. Read this article “Demand for Geneseo”…Geneseo does a better job at explaining the ranking system within SUNY. </p>

<p>[Summer</a> 2009 | SUNY Geneseo](<a href=“http://www.geneseo.edu/geneseo_scene/summer-2009]Summer”>http://www.geneseo.edu/geneseo_scene/summer-2009)</p>

<p>Thanks Geneseograd…
I did ask yous some questions on another thread.
Im not sure if you saw.
I am getting excied for my trip to Geneseo.
I hope my son likes it there.</p>

<p>GCmom415 - Ofcourse I do. Hope your son loves it there!</p>