Admission requirements Texas A&M

Your son has a 1510 SAT and NM Commended (tho how can you know that already?). He should be fine.
Mays does prefer AP/IB over dual credit.
I would be cautious with the professional resume/application service you are using. College admissions can smell out genuine vs non genuine (written by someone else) quickly.
In fact, there’s a really good thread on CC right now, about ‘How to spot a red flag’. Definitely worth the read.
My $.02…not that anyone asked…let your son enjoy his last semester of high school. After he’s graduated, then start working on college essays, gathering everything for applications.

This is the CC thread (I’m not techy savvy enough to attach a link, sorry). Eye opening thread…

1 Like

His selection index is 218 in TX and last year NMSF was 219. Maybe I shouldn’t assume he’s NM commended, but it seems highly likely.

Thanks for the link to the thread. Very helpful!

The service is Bright Horizons College Coach and they have all worked in college admissions. They read his essay and ask him questions and make suggestions like “How can you show how this changed you?” Asking him to make sure he’s making himself known. I do appreciate your caution.

1 Like