Admission Steps

<p>My son’s transcripts finally arrived at UA yesterday… now today he is able to pay a deposit and apply for Honors. I’m sure this is a good sign!</p>

<p>My son logged in to MyBama to confirm that his transcripts arrived, but I don’t think he has seen the extra tabs. So he doesn’t know that he is accepted yet. This will be his first acceptance and I want him to have his “moment,” so I don’t want to just point at the screen and say “look… I think that means you are in”</p>

<p>So… will there be any sort of “official” notification via email or a letter? I would love to be able to witness his happiness, but I don’t want to spoil it either. I’m kind of pulling for Alabama to be his top choice, though right now it is UVA, William & Mary, UA in that order. (We’re from Virginia) </p>

<p>Any insights would be greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>I think that the letter came about a week later.</p>

<p>Thanks! But other than that, the only indicator was on myBama?</p>

<p>dudeheimer: If your son needs a little push to head to UA, let us know. We also live in Virginia. Our son turned down William & Mary and Richmond (with merit money) to attend Alabama on a National Merit ride. Not only has he had a great college experience, but a great education, too.</p>

<p>Thanks momreads! He absolutely LOVES UVA and wants to run on the Cross Country club team. (Looks like Alabama doesn’t have one) But I have this feeling that once we visit Alabama he is going to have a really tough decision.</p>

<p>We just paid the enrollment fee and the housing deposit. We haven’t visited yet, but with all the glowing reports I feel pretty confident that he’s going like it.</p>

<p>dudeheimer: Alabama does have some running programs. In fact, one is through the Honors College, as Dean Sharpe is an avid runner.</p>

<p>UA has a super-active triathlon group…maybe an alternative to cross country(was for my son freshman year.) Not sure exactly how it ties to the university but they end up holding national competitions in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>Bama has men and women’s cross country teams…but not sure if they are “club”…</p>

<p>[Both</a> UA cross country teams head to regionals | The Crimson White](<a href=“Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White”>Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White)</p>

<p>Looks like they’re not “club”, but as mentioned above, there are other running groups.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.rolltide.com/sports/c-xctrack/alab-c-xctrack-body.html[/url]”>http://www.rolltide.com/sports/c-xctrack/alab-c-xctrack-body.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Here’s a list of the Club sports…notice that there is a Tri-athlete club team.</p>