Admission to Bama?

<p>According to GoArmy…</p>

<p>For Army ROTC…</p>

<p>Receive at least a minimum SAT score of 920 (math +CR) or an ACT composite score of 19.</p>

<p>High school GPA…2.5</p>

<p>Hey, Hungry, a big shout out to West LA, and the SM Beach area, my former stomping grounds! Miss Los Angeles big time. </p>

<p>Relax about your test scores. From personal experience, I know you can raise your scores if you take the right steps. I am in Grad School now, in a top 40 program, and had to take the GRE to get in. My first GRE score was only 960, due to a very stressful experience at the testing center. But I got my final score up to 1430 (“equivalent” to an ACT of 33.5). The key for me was detaching from the result, and just trusting in the process. All you can do is your best, and if you give it your best, you can relax, knowing that you are giving yourself an advantage. Also, learn how to stragecially guess. The reduction in the stress will boost your score a lot if you will let it. I know easier said than done, but hope my score would be an inspiration to you.</p>

<p>i believe getting an ROTC scholarship is quite difficult…you have to go through several interviews and fill out an app as long a college admissions one</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids</p>

<p>Thanks again I really appreciate all the info.</p>

<p>I guess I’m just gonna apply around next week, but I’m still really worried about the SAT score thing. It’s been bothering me non stop for a while.</p>

<p>Sign up for the Dec exam as well. You’ll be more relaxed for the Nov exam if you know that you can test again in Dec. :)</p>

<p>Is it too late to test in October??</p>

<p>I really think it’s going to work out once you get your new scores.</p>

<p>And…if your transcript shows a weighted GPA that is 3.0 or higher, and you apply soon, I think Bama will accept you…especially if you submit a writing sample and a teacher rec.</p>

<p>Last year two moms contacted me privately about their children’s low test scores. They applied early, submitted essays and teacher recs and they were both accepted. </p>

<p>I think Bama will WANT to accept you because the ROTC scholarship pays full OOS tuition…so you’d be a financial asset at Bama. </p>

<p>I called Bama this morning (Sat) about your situation, but the person I needed to talk to is a M-F person, so I will call again on Monday. :)</p>

<p>Also…contact your area rep. Area reps can also help things along.</p>

<p>Also…find out when Bama is coming to your area and GO… </p>

<p>I don’t think getting an Army ROTC scholarship is that hard. My son had a classmate that was a B/C student and lowish scores and got an Army ROTC scholarship for Spring Hill.</p>

<p>The October test is on the 9th so no it’s not late.</p>

<p>And isn’t it too soon to be getting teacher recs?</p>

<p>People from my school are barley writing out their personal statements now.</p>

<p>And we don’t have a person from Bama coming to our area. I checked on their website :(</p>

<p>No, it’s the best time to get teacher recs - do it before the teachers get bogged down with lots of requests!!!</p>

<p>Do you also have a Jr ROTC instructor that can give you a rec? </p>

<p>You need to get everything lined up ahead of time - recs, writing sample, etc.</p>

<p>Fine tune an essay that you’ve already written for your writing sample - get an English teacher to look it over.</p>

<p>I don’t think there is an essay prompt, but maybe I’m wrong. I think you just have to submit a writing sample if you’re scores are “borderline”.</p>

<p>You need to have everything ready to submit so that you can apply early…right after you take your ACT.</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids</p>

<p>I have a question about the online application.</p>

<p>Where can I put in my summer activities, community service hours, clubs, etc?</p>

<p>I don’t see any place on the application to put that on.</p>

<p>I think that goes on the scholarship app.</p>

<p>Is there any place on the school app for special info or anything?</p>

<p>^no…i dont see anything like that…you get extra room on the “high school misc” questions though</p>

<p>well actually, your SSN is pretty special lol :P</p>

<p>Nope I checked over and over.</p>

<p>There isn’t a section where it allows me to do that.</p>

<p>chillax…email somebody and your concerns will be addressed…if you can get 500/sat section, you’ll be in the middle 50% of accepted people</p>

<p>im sure you’ll be successful :D</p>

<p>Hmmmm…</p>

<p>There may not be a place. Bama has formula admissions. </p>

<p>Tomorrow, find out what your weighted GPA is and find out if it’s on your transcript.</p>

<p>I’m going to call tomorrow about a few questions, so I’ll ask about your issues, too.</p>

<p>Yeah I’m going to see my counselor tomorrow and ask.</p>

<p>Hello imsohungry and thanks for your question! The UA Office of Undergraduate Admissions hopes to help you out as much as possible when it comes to getting through the admissions process! We evaluate applications on an individual basis. Generally, a student with a 21 ACT/1000 SAT and a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA will be successful at UA. Even if you don’t meet these numbers, we still encourage you to apply. You can apply for admission online at [Apply</a> for Admission - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://apply.ua.edu%5DApply”>http://apply.ua.edu).</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids If you’re still there, I just received a copy of my transcripts and turns out my GPA is higher than a 2.78.</p>

<p>My GPA is a 3.04 i was suprised :O</p>

<p>Good!!!</p>

<p>Go ahead and submit your application, but wait to send scores. Have your next test’s scores sent (which will be in a few weeks). Bama will get those at that point.</p>