Admission to LUC Class of 2010

<p>Hi, who from this year's graduating class intends to apply to Loyola for fall 2006? i'm just curious because I do (and will most likely attend if accepted).</p>

<p>Hey,</p>

<p>I filled out most of the app. for fall 2006 today. Its not my first choice but seems like a nice place so its a possibility..does anyone know how urban the school is? is it in suburban chicago or in the city??</p>

<p>hey, Loyola has two campuses. One is called Lake Shore, where most undergraduate classes are held, and one is Water Tower. Lake Shore is still in Chicago, but north of downtown. They are only a 10-15 minute ride from each other. Loyola provides a shuttle to make commuting easier, but if you choose, you can take the CTA Red Line. The stops are Loyola Lake Shore and Chicago Ave, respectively. Very easy. I go there like every weekend and on some weekdays. Let me tell you the Water Tower campus is ideally located. It's right in front of Water Tower Park, at the center of Magnificent Mile (N. Michigan Ave). Loyola is building a dorm there, scheduled to open in fall 2006, for the upperclassmen.</p>

<p>Are you planning to visit the campus? If so, you'll probably agree that it's very easy to get from one campus to the other. </p>

<p>Also, I was just there yesterday for Senior Info Day and realized that the atmosphere was somewhat more liberal than I thought. The list of clubs and organizations prove that. Loyola is not my first choice either, but because I get free tuition there all 4 years (because my mother works there), I'll most likely go if admitted. That's what I meant.</p>

<p>Hey,</p>

<p>I'm not sure if I'll visit the campus or not. I live in Baltimore so if I end up getting in and start considering it seriously then I'll probly take a trip to see the campus...I sent in my application yesterday but I probly won't send in my letters of rec., transcript etc. till like October. Have you applied yet? They have rolling admissions so I'm not really worried about appyling right away. I think I checked off the water tower campus for campus of study on the app. I want to do international business so I think thats were its held. what are you applying there do to?</p>

<p>Hello-
I haven't started my application yet, but I'll be sure to get it in before the priority deadline of Jan. 1 (or Feb. 1), I believe? I'd been thinking of majoring in philosophy, but I'm having second thoughts just because I have other majors in mind that I'd like to consider more.</p>