Admission

I’m a Senior in high school and I just applied to the University of Alabama on October 22, and I sent my SAT scores and transcript on the 25. About how long until I should here back on if I’m accepted or not.

Alabama has fairly quick response rates. I got mine within a few days of getting the scores and everything involved. If you’re going to be accepted (Alabama’s good but it’s not particularly difficult to get into) then you should know within a week or two, especially in these late seasons.

Once they received all of the required documents, a decision was made within two days. I just checked the portal and the status changed to Admitted. Haven’t received an official letter yet, expect to get it soon.

I believe they process in batches, so it might be two days, it might be closer to two weeks. If you’re a borderline candidate it could be longer, as they might wait to see additional grades or test scores. IIRC, my daughter was accepted (you could see it online, she didn’t have an official letter) a little over a week from when all of her stuff was in.