Admissions Decisions - Class of 2015

<p>I spent a semester abroad in Belgium while I was attending Loyola and they made it very easy for me. Check out our Center for International Studies and they should be able to help you with any questions you may have.

[Center</a> for International Education - Loyola University New Orleans](<a href=“http://www.loyno.edu/cie/]Center”>http://www.loyno.edu/cie/)
Also, Loyola has a Facebook fan page with videos and discussion posts that could give you a better feel for the school.
[Welcome</a> to Facebook](<a href=“Facebook Public Group | Facebook”>Facebook Public Group | Facebook)</p>

<p>Lenara - </p>

<p>If an audition is required for a competitive program (i.e. Music or Theatre) and you received an admissions packet from Loyola, this means that you have been accepted to the university and the program. This is because an audition is needed before the office of admissions is able to make an admission decision. </p>

<p>Hope this information helps.</p>

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>I just finished sending everything necessary for admission. I applied for regular decision for fall 2011 on the common app which had a june deadline. How long should I expect to wait for my decision? Also, will Loyola contact me somehow acknowledging that they received my complete application?</p>

<p>thank you very much.</p>

<p>Whoa. Sorry.
I meant to write that in a new thread…
oops.</p>

<p>rejected101-</p>

<p>Thanks for your interest in Loyola. Once it has been confirmed that your file is complete, the Dept. of Admissions will send you an email acknowledging this. An admission decision will be mailed within the following two weeks. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.</p>

<p>Chris
Loyola Admissions</p>

<p>i was accepted a few days ago!!</p>

<p>GPA- 2.76 :slight_smile:
SAT-1810 </p>

<p>strong reccs, great extracurriculars</p>

<p>I just found out that I’m an Ignatian Scholar! I’m so excited, planning a trip right now to visit! I still can’t believe it!</p>

<p>Hey everyone!
Loyola Scholar here-I’m very honored. This is the biggest scholarship offer I’ve gotten so far.</p>

<p>Best of luck to everyone, I’ve got a lot of serious thinking to do.</p>

<p>My son was also awarded the Loyola Scholarship. Very generous indeed. This is a real interesting school with a lot going on.</p>

<p>Hi! Anybody get the “Jesuit Identity Scholarship”? I can’t find info on it. I was awarded this scholarship worth 18,500. very generous</p>

<p>FromCalWithLove,</p>

<p>Congrats! The Jesuit Identity Scholarship is awarded to the top applicants from each of the Jesuit high schools in the United States. It is based on a combination of academic talent, leadership, and community service. Renewal information for the scholarship will be mailed shortly.</p>

<p>If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (504) 865 3240 or at <a href=“mailto:admit@loyno.edu”>admit@loyno.edu</a>. </p>

<p>Again, congratulations, this is quite the honor!</p>

<ul>
<li>Loyola Office of Admissions</li>
</ul>

<p>Thanks for answering!</p>

<p>I got accepted about a month ago.
29 ACT composite
35 English
23 Math
2.9 GPA
I’m homeschooled so I barely have an extra curriculars.
And I believe I received the Recognition Award. Not sure what it’s called, really.
I don’t think I’ll be attending, though. I was interested in Loyola for their music business program, but after visiting, it wasn’t what I thought it would be.
Oh well, guess I’ll be going out of state.</p>

<p>I got accepted in January, and recently found out they generously granted me a Loyola Scholar scholarship! Worth $20,500 a year, and $82,000 total.</p>

<p>My gpa was 3.8 weighted,
SAT was 2010,
Reading-680
Math-560
Writing-770
Since my math was lower than their average, I submitted two subject tests (not sure if that affected anything, but thought I’d try) Literature-680, and Spanish-700.</p>

<p>I visited the campus and New Orleans back in October. It’s a gorgeous campus, and it’s right next to Audubon park, which is beautiful. So far, I think it’s my top choice.</p>

<p>I was accepted a couple of weeks ago, and today found out they generously granted me a Loyola Scholar scholarship! $20,500 a year.</p>

<p>My gpa is 3.95 weighted,
SAT is 1850,
Reading-660
Math-610
Writing-580</p>

<p>Well got my acceptance letter from Loyola at the end of last week. They also are giving me the transfer scholarship of $36,000 over three years. I am excited but I am still gonna wait on Tulane before I make my final decision.</p>

<p>Transfer from Southern Miss
High School: 4.0 weighted GPA, 24 ACT, Great EC
College (27 hours at JC, taking 17 at USM now): 4.0 GPA, Former Football Player</p>

<p>Looking at other people’s stats, I’m really suprised they gave me any money, especially not 17k a year. I have a 2.8 GPA (my school doesn’t weight) and a 32 ACT. Im in the bottom 40% or so of my class. White, not first generation, and from a decent public school in Minnesota. I have good extras, I think being an editor of the school newspaper helped a lot. I applied to Fordham and Loyola Chicago, neither of whom gave me a scholarship.</p>

<p>My daughter just got an acceptance letter Tuesday and an award of 11000 a year for 4 years! We’re so excited!!!</p>

<p>Could someone tell me about the campus life at Loyola New Orleans?</p>

<p>chamil02-</p>

<p>As a recent graduate of Loyola, I have only good things to say about campus life. The first thing that stood out to me about Loyola is the diverse mix of people. Loyola draws students from all 50 states and 33 countries and is far from your cookie cutter college student body. Everybody brings a unique perspective and experience to the table which to me, really enriched my college experience. </p>

<p>With around 4,800 students, Loyola is described as being a small to medium sized school. I cannot recall having a class over 35 students, and had some classes as small as 6! Professors and advisers make it a point to give their students their undivided attention on a daily basis. Further, Tulane University is located literally next door to Loyola, which gives a large university feel to the surrounding area. At Loyola, you are blessed with the academic perks of a small university but socially you are in the middle of around 18,000 college students. </p>

<p>Location, location, location! The city of New Orleans is essentially an extended campus for Loyola. The rich history and incredible culture make this city a thrilling and unique place to call home during your college years. Located across the street from Audubon Park (arguably one of the most beautiful parks in Louisiana) and only a 20 minute streetcar ride from the French Quarter, Uptown New Orleans boasts some of the best neighborhoods, shopping, dining and outdoor activities one could ask for. </p>

<p>In the end, it is all about deciding what is best fit for you. Hope this helps.</p>