Admissions into UC schools?

Hi! So I’m doing the IB diploma, and my score is pretty bad, as some of the teachers that I have use my mock exams to come up with my predicted grade, and not my performance throughout the year, and its pretty fair to say that I muffed up my mock exams pretty badly. I want to apply to a UC school (SB, SD, Irvine and Davis). I have my midterm exams sometime during Feb, and I know that it’s going to be too late for me to submit my midterms by then. I know my IB score doesn’t reflect how I perform because I get 30+ in my ACT tests. Is there anything that I can do so my chances?

From the UC Website:

International Baccalaureate

Filling out the application

You must report grades exactly as they appear on your official academic records (that includes the secondary school transcript and exam report from the International Baccalaureate Organization.)
If possible, report predicted scores you expect to earn for the diploma exams. You should enter the scores on the International External Exams page of the application, under the Test Scores tab (Step 6 of 7 under Test Scores). You should not put your predicted scores on the International Baccalaureate page.
If predicted IB scores are not available at the time you submit the application, you do not need to report them on the application, and you do not need to submit them at a later date (unless a campus requests that you do so). UC campuses do not use predicted scores as the only factor for admission.

thank you for sharing this! I’ve already looked up all this, but I know UC schools are super competitive right now as they’re really good and not glaringly expensive. I just wanted to know what would increase my chances as my IB score is so low + if they’ll let me submit my Feb midterms anyway! xx

Do not submit any additional information other than what is required. They will ask you to send more information if needed.