Admissions Packet

<p>hey admitted freshman, i was wondering if any of you have received the "I'm a Boilermaker" packet yet after you were admitted which includes off acceptance letter and other stuff? I'm an international student living in the Middle East and was admitted on December 20th. Please help!</p>

<p>im an international student as well, i was admitted on Dec 15, and still haven’t received the packet yet</p>

<p>I’m in-state and got mine on December 11th.</p>

<p>If I remember correctly, for international students, they said that it would take 5 to 10 days for it to get to you from the acceptance.</p>

<p>Because of the holidays though, they may not have been able to be sent on time.
It’s only been around 9 business days (excluding Sundays, 11 including).</p>

<p>(They were probably open the 20th to the 23rd, but then it would have gotten held up for the 24th and 25th. So then it would have started again on the 26th to 30th. Then it would have been held up for the 31st and 1st. And then it probably started again on the 2nd to today. But then you may also have to subtract Sundays since some postal services don’t work on Sundays.)</p>

<p>In summary, I wouldn’t be overly concerned. In a week, then I would start wondering.</p>

<p>thanks guys! hopefully i’ll get it by next week!</p>

<p>whatislove, which country are you from? i really start to be worried now…</p>

<p>living in Dubai</p>

<p>STILL haven’t got it!</p>

<p>i suggest calling them just to ask if it’s been sent.</p>

<p>Well, I waited out a few more days and today I finally received a packet containing my offer letter and a brochure packet talking about residencies, etc. Is this the “I am a Boilermaker” packet? Or is there still another one to come? Have any of you guys received what I got today?</p>

<p>That’s the “I’m a Boilermaker” packet.
Soon though, you will probably getting a letter from the dean of your college (this may just be for engineering though) and the president of Purdue.
I’ve received everything already. I even got my email and applied for housing.</p>

<p>But it doesn’t say “I’m a Boilermaker” on it! :(</p>

<p>Doesn’t the outside say “Congratulations, You’re a Boilermaker”?</p>

<p>No, it doesn’t. It just contains the offer letter basically copy/pasted from the email they sent me with a seperate blue paper titled “ACCEPTING YOUR OFFER OF ADMISSION” which talks about activating my career account, my purdue webmail account, and tuition payment options. It also contains a brochure thing titled “live. eat. learn. Welcome to University Residences”</p>

<p>So I guess this isn’t it? Have any of you received this?</p>

<p>I’m going to guess that the package sent overseas is different than the one sent in the United States. It probably has to do with the cost of mailing a larger packet to foreign countries–and the security regulations. </p>

<p>The one our son received has a Purdue decal and door hanger, a large brochure outlining the next steps to take and a West Lafayette visitors guide.</p>

<p>My packet included that.
Maybe international students get something different?
If it talks about activating you’re career account, it must be it.</p>

<p>whatislove, I received the package today, and mine is exactly the same as yours</p>

<p>you think we’ll get another one which everyone else got?</p>

<p>I think that packet is what international students get…</p>