Admissions Question

<p>I was looking at the UA website about admissions requirements…it says that 4 units of high school math are required, specifically Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry. I took Algebra 1, Geometry, and basic Trigonometry in high school. I didn’t take Algebra 2. Do you think that will be a problem for me in the application process? I have a high SAT score (total score of 2000 including the writing).</p>

<p>Hmmmm…</p>

<p>I would contact your area rep and ask. I don’t know. </p>

<p>Don’t take it at a CC, it could ruin your incoming frosh situation. Can you take it now as a “homeschooled kid”???</p>

<p>Thank you, I just emailed my area rep. I hope she responds soon!!</p>

<p>Yes, if it really is a huge issue, I will just take it this fall as “home schooled kid”. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Thanks for all your help! I know I’ll be coming back to this forum again, there is so much great info. I’m really excited about the possibility of actually going to UA! Attending college has been a dream of mine for several years, and with this UA Presidential Scholarship in hand (if I make my score!!!) I may be able to actually do it at last!</p>

<p>I received an answer from my area rep…it’s not a problem! Her supervisor said he’ll be watching for my transcript and he’ll take care of it. So, yeah! One bullet dodged!</p>

<p>** Don’t take it at a CC, it could ruin your incoming frosh situation. Can you take it now as a “homeschooled kid”??? **</p>

<p>I apologize for bumping an old thread, but I am wondering what you mean, M2CK, by “ruin your incoming frosh situation”. I am a home schooled senior that is taking courses at a local CC (will graduate with 11 credits from there). I am wondering if that affects things as far as the honors college and scholarships?</p>

<p>My son came in as a freshman when it came to scholarships and standing. He brought with him 80+ hours from the local college. (I can’t remember the exact number of hours at the moment and I’m too tired to go look it up.) Your hours shouldn’t be a problem.</p>

<p>It’s fine to take CC classes WHILE you’re in high school …but if you graduate and then take a CC class, it can ruin your “incoming frosh” status.</p>

<p>So if a kid decides to get a jump on things by taking a CC class or two between high school graduation and arriving at UA in August, that’s a problem?</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>No, because the scholarship has been awarded and accepted. You can take a summer class between HS grad and fall semester.</p>

<p>The problem is when a student takes a gap year and takes a CC class during that time.</p>

<p>Arizonagirl had already graduated from HS when she posed her question and was applying for Fall 2012.</p>

<p>Since I already graduated from high school, I am not a traditional student and so do not automatically qualify for the Presidential Scholarship</p>

<p>I get it! Thanks for clarifying.</p>