Admissions Question

<p>Okay, so I'm a rising senior this year looking to apply to A&M during the fall semester. I'm interested in applying for the electrical engineering program, but it is my understanding that engineering majors fill up pretty quickly.</p>

<p>I've only taken the SAT once in June and sucked. CR- 540 / M- 570 / W- 510 (no practice)
I'm also in the top twelveish percent of my class. I was looking to retake the SAT in October to get a 1900+ for scholarship. Don't worry, now that I've buckled down and studied I'm getting 1900 easily.</p>

<p>Am I late? If I turn in the SAT scores I have now and get denied, can I turn in the October scores and get accepted? Would it be safe for me to apply late October/early November? </p>

<p>Your help would calm my nerves! Thanks!</p>

<p>bbbbbbuuuummmmmmppppp</p>

<p>OP, I wish you the best, but I would not get my hopes up too high. I would definitely apply, because you might be offered a program where you can go to an affiliated school and transfer in later. I’m concerned that new test scores will not come in time for an open slot in engineering. Plus I’m curious as to how much they will actually come up. To get CR & M to 1300, you have some significant ground to cover. Have you considered also taking the ACT? Your performance might be better, and you can probably take it in September.</p>