Admissions Questions

<p>I have a few questions regarding admissions. My high school works with a local junior college to offer “dual credit” courses- we get college credit for taking classes in school without having to take an AP test because our teachers are certified through the college. So on my application, I included that information. I know after you apply, you can check your status online. Will my application not be processed until my transcript is sent from the junior college?</p>

<p>SEA_Tide can probably best answer this, but I think when this was answered before the answer was that Bama will process your app using your high school info.</p>

<p>Okay so if I can’t get my transcript sent from the college right away my application will still be processed?</p>

<p>I don’t know for sure, since my D’s college transcript got there before her high school transcript (the college sent the transcript 1 day after it was requested; the high school wouldn’t even take a request for 2 months after D applied, and then it took them another 3 weeks to send it!). However, the college transcript showed on MyBama as being necessary and there was no notation (as there was on some other schools’ sites) that it was necessary for enrollment/credit but not for admission. Her course wasn’t dual credit, though, so it didn’t show on the HS transcript and didn’t count toward her high school graduation requirements. One thing we noticed regarding the college course is that not only the course credit, but the grade, transfers. MyBama is showing that D has 5 credits worth of 4.0!</p>

<p>Great, thank you both for the information! Also, once all required materials are submitted, about how long does it take for you to hear back about whether you are admitted or not?</p>

<p>College transcripts are not required for admissions purposes as your child is applying as an incoming freshman. The system will say that UA is expecting to receive a college transcript, but UA will process applications without one. If the community college charges for transcripts, this will save you some money as you will only need to send a [final] college transcript once your child decides to attend UA.</p>

<p>Great! Thank you! That is incredibly helpful!</p>

<p>To answer your timing question, my D’s acceptance showed on MyBama 8 days after her transcript (the last item) was sent electronically. However, there have been others on this board who heard one day after the last item was in, so I suspect they do batch processing. Keep in mind that the further into the admissions season you go, the busier the admissions office gets, so the turnaround times will probably increase.</p>

<p>Okay. I requested that my school send my transcript over 1 week ago and was told it would be sent within two days. Our school sends them by mail, though, and it hasn’t shown up that it has been received on MyBama. In addition, I paid to send another ACT score on October 4th and that hasn’t shown up yet either. I’m basically just playing the waiting game at this point. I would like to get my enrollment deposit in by the end of October but at the rate things are going it might not work out that way.</p>