Admissions: Transcripts

<p>Two questions:</p>

<p>1) How quickly does UA typically post transcripts to the application portal? </p>

<p>HS transcripts were requested for 4 colleges on 8/9. Two of the schools have tracking portals and nothing was showing up, so my son checked with the GC and she said they were mailed around 8/20. So it’s now three weeks since they supposedly mailed them and they are still not showing as received on the portal.</p>

<p>I don’t know how long it typically takes, so I’m not sure if he should inquire just yet. The ACT showed up so quickly though, but I’m guessing that was sent electronically and not manually entered. No hurry to be accepted, just want to make sure everything has been received.</p>

<p>2) Does UA require college transcripts for ADMISSIONS for classes that were taken as dual enrollment or at a college over the summer? Other colleges request them, but I don’t see anything on UA’s site about them at all.</p>

<p>2). No, they don’t need the transcripts for admissions. When you send transcripts, UA will evaluate them and let you know what UA college credit you receive for the classes.</p>

<p>Thanks cuttlefish. That’s been the case with a couple schools, but others do require them, so I figured I’d check while I was posing the other question! :)</p>

<p>Just wanted to weigh in on our experience. My DD arranged for her transcript to be sent to UA about this time 2 years ago. I am pretty sure it got lost at the Alabama end, since we provided the high school with an addressed, stamped manila envelope. Anyway, we were probably a little too patient before taking action to send another. I think she sent a second one in mid October. It all worked out fine, but you do want to be mindful of the scholarships deadline. And the sooner you make a housing deposit, the earlier you get to pick a dorm in the spring.</p>

<p>I wanted to weigh in on the dual enrollment classes. My son checked off that he had taken classes at a CC on the application when he applied last summer. His DE classes did not show up on his HS transcripts. He was not going to be admitted to UA without the CC transcripts. We had to call, and since the DE classes were not necessary for admission, they just “unchecked” the “took college classes” box and processed his application.</p>

<p>I thought I would come back and update in case others have the same question. S’13 did a second follow up at his HS . . . the GC realized that she uploaded the transcript to the common app, but never mailed the transcripts to the schools he provided addresses for. </p>

<p>She finally mailed them last Thursday 9/13. They showed up as received yesterday 9/19, and today he has a student tab and an honors college box on mybama! BAMA is clearly on the ball, so if your transcripts don’t show up with a week or so, time to check with your HS.</p>

<p>Also, we never sent any college transcripts – it appears that they are not required for admissions!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Our DS school still hasn’t even finished updating the transcripts yet. They don’t plan on sending them out until mid October for those early admissions requests. Crazy.</p>

<p>DD just requested her HS transcript this week to be sent to UA. They already have her app, all of her SAT/ACT scores, etc. UA sent an email last week requesting her scholarship app. DD sent that on the very next day. How long does it really take till we hear anything? For the past year and a half we have been getting mail from UA every single day, which makes daddy very happy (Bama Boy).<br>
We will be visiting campus on 10/1. We have scheduled a tour and the information session. Plan on watching the MDB practice (DD is in HS marching band). Have tickets to the game on 9/29, ROLL TIDE! After reading some of the comments on CC I suppose we should schedule an interview? What else should we do?<br>
I’m new at this and thought I was doing a good job of keeping up w/ all of the info we needed but now that it is getting so close, I’m not so sure :(<br>
Thanks</p>

<p>Tx - I’m not sure how long before you “hear” anything, but you can log on to mybama and see if it’s been processed. As for your other questions, you might want to start a new thread.</p>