Admissions

<p>This might be a silly question but if I didn’t take the act writing section or sat with writing, will the admissions office not review my application?
I realized only after applying that its required… :/</p>

<p>Did you ever take a SAT or ACT with writing? if not, you should quickly do so. I think it might be required. As long as you took it on one test, you’re fine.</p>

<p>Did you never take the SAT? It’s not optional on the SAT.</p>

<p>Send an email to your local area rep.</p>

<p>Hi uconn412. </p>

<p>It is required that students submit the writing section. You can read more about the writing section and exactly how it affects admissions at UA by visiting [FAQ</a> Regarding ACT/SAT Writing Scores - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/steps/writingfaq.html]FAQ”>http://gobama.ua.edu/steps/writingfaq.html).</p>

<p>Hey UA Admissions…</p>

<p>Can he still take the SAT or ACT in Feb and submit that? What’s the latest exam that you’ll accept???</p>

<p>Yes, you can still take the February ACT/SAT and submit that, but any required documents (test scores, transcripts) should be submitted to UA by February 1 for priority consideration. Beyond that, available space within the incoming freshman class is factored into admissions decisions.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I hope UConn comes back and sees this.</p>

<p>Frankly, I thought all schools expect the Essay to be taken.</p>

<p>Hi,
thank you very much for your feedback!!
I’m actually a girl :)</p>

<p>I’m not sure if its done different in the south but I live in Connecticut and most schools around here don’t require the ACT with writing (just from applying I’ve noticed many schools in the south do require it)</p>

<p>I have learning disabilities, nothing drastic but I do process material slower than others due to this I’ve been given extended time on the ACT. I think thats why my mother didn’t sign me up for the ACT writing </p>

<p>I’ve already applied to University of Alabama about 3 weeks ago and everything thats required is in except the writing ACT scores.
I’m not taking the ACT with writing in february.
Since it’s required should I withdraw my application? </p>

<p>Again Thank you!</p>

<p>*I have learning disabilities, nothing drastic but I do process material slower than others due to this I’ve been given extended time on the ACT. I think thats why my mother didn’t sign me up for the ACT writing
*</p>

<p>Don’t withdraw your app.</p>

<p>Perhaps you can ask your GC to write something about your situation. </p>

<p>Also, contact your Bama regional rep. Ask if you can submit a writing sample…perhaps a graded essay from an English class.</p>

<p>Hi uconn412.</p>

<p>We encourage you to take the ACT with writing at your earliest convenience, and submit that score so that your application can be reviewed as soon as possible. If you’d like to discuss the matter with your regional admissions rep, you can contact them by visiting [Find</a> Your Counselor - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/]Find”>Find My Recruiter).</p>

<p>If you are already scheduled for the ACT in February you can add the writing component, here is the link:[ACT</a> FAQ : I’ve changed my mind about taking the ACT Writing Test. Can I add or remove it before test day?](<a href=“http://www.actstudent.org/faq/answers/writing.html]ACT”>http://www.actstudent.org/faq/answers/writing.html)</p>

<p>Here is the info from that page:</p>

<p>I’ve changed my mind about taking the ACT Writing Test. Can I add or remove it before test day?
Yes. Log in to your student Web account or call ACT Registration at 319/337-1270 by the late registration deadline for your test date to request the change. Fee adjustments depend on whether you are adding or removing the Writing Test and whether other services are required to find you a seat (for example, a Test Center Change).</p>

<p>If you change your mind after the late deadline, tell the test supervisor at your test center you want to change your Test Option before you are admitted to test. If there are materials, space, and staff available for your preferred test option, you will be allowed to make the change. If you change to the ACT Plus Writing, ACT will bill you $15.50.</p>

<p>See current ACT fees for specific information.</p>

<p>It doesn’t sound like she’s registered for the Feb test.</p>

<p>I really appreciate the feedback, I really do!!
but I haven’t taken the ACT writing and I won’t be in february or at all again…</p>

<p>and to : mom2collegekids
Yes my gc has written something explaning that
plus previous testing explaining it.
its really frustrating cause I work EXTREMELY hard and I honestly don’t know many teens as intellectually curious as I am.
I really wish colleges knew that but theres no way. I hate this testing. So many colleges think testing is the way but ITS NOT. A lot of kids have trouble testing and just because I don’t test well doesn’t mean I’m not smart because I am.
In my free time, I like to write. I look up writing prompts just for the fun of it and do them! I also look up videos of quantum physics on youtube and find professors explaining the basics of them; just because I’m so curious. But no college would know that of me, Nor would they care much, they just want the SAT or ACT scores…
I do an extreme amount of work for my school and outside of my own.
I have a HUGE sophomore research paper that I can show to them!
I had a lot of personally issues my freshmen year an did very poorly if the college knew they would understand but as my junior year I had an 3.5 gpa. As a senior I might reach a 4.0 but my freshmen year was so awful and my sophomore year was okay.
I don’t know if it would make a difference, considering colleges are so based on “timed” essays.
and I’m not good at that… I hope they will.</p>

<p>Again thank you very much, I truly appreciate the help…</p>

<p>If the GPA on your application is a 3.5, I would assume you will get in even with a weaker-than-the-mean ACT. I am not sure why you won’t be retaking the ACT, but if you could I would recommend it. Someone I know with severe learning disabilities got a 900 on the SAT (all three sections) but was able to transfer to the University of Virginia from community college because of his GPA. As long as your learning disabilities are disclosed, I would expect leeway to be given on your ACT scores.</p>

<p>I would definitely contact your area rep and see what they say about the situation. Good luck!</p>

<p>I really appreciate your feedback :slight_smile:
but I’m not taking the ACT again just because I need the writing.
If University of Alabama will only review my application with that, then I will withdraw my application.
They’re the only school that I applied to out of 12 that requires it.
Again thank you very much for your feedback!</p>

<p>UConn…contact your area rep and see if he/she can advocate for you.</p>