Admissions

Hello I’m a transfer student who is wanting to apply for fall 2020 with an undergrad in construction science. I have a 3.1 gpa and have 33 credit hours, but I received an A in the required math, but I will not be able to take a required physics. I want to ask how will they view my application because of that factor and what would be my chances of getting into the construction science program at A&M.

@AggieMomhelp

What would you recommend me doing?

My understanding is that they will pass over your application if you do not have the requirements. The 2019-2020 Transfer Course Sheet specifically says that College Physics (PHYS1401) is required for transfer admission.

What would you recommend doing knowing I don’t have a physics? Is everything else okay?

@MAXY2017 @jaceyk is correct. If you don’t have the required complete or at least in progress when you apply, you more than likely will be passed over. Is there a reason you won’t be able to take it? If you have it in progress in the spring, then they could defer your application til May and then accept you. This happens quite a bit. You have a decent GPA and if you’re only missing Physics but taking it this spring, then you do have a fighting chance, just notate in the essay somehow why it’s in progress and not completed. Good luck!

GPA should be decent enough to get in, but I wouldn’t call it assured. You could take the physics class at A&M, then apply internally. Either way, you should be good. I would apply to a few other schools just in case A&M turns down your application.

I found a physics class, what do you think my chances are now of having the opportunity to get into A&M?

@maxy2017 yes you have a good shot at it. Keep those grades up in the fall and spring!!!