Admissions

<p>do any UCs have rolling admissions? or do they only start reading apps after Nov. 30?</p>

<p>depends on the uc.</p>

<p>uci does. </p>

<p>ucsb, ucla, ucsd, and cal do not. </p>

<p>don't know about the rest</p>

<p>They don't have rolling admissions. UCI just releases batches of them randomly until the deadline. Rolling admission would be "submit your app early and you'll have a better chance at getting in" Considering I turned my app in 2 days before the deadline and got my UCI decision in January, I doubt it.</p>

<p>I thought rolling admissions was just "releasing some people's acceptance status earlier." Not you have a better chance if you apply earlier.</p>

<p>Rolling admission is one that the school will evaluate your application shortly after they have all the required information. UC, however, will wait until after the the application deadline and then evaluate all the applications. In rolling admission, the school will accept you if they deem you qualify and thus put those who apply early in an advantageous position. In UC's case, as long as you submitte your application on time and have all required information send on time, you are just as good as anyone else.</p>